• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

nope....not if you look at his entire forecast. he had merrimack valley(and yes a bunch of us live here) as well as a host of others at about 2". Hell, i have 4 right now w/mod snow and tomorrow nws thinks we may get as much as a foot up here when all is said and done. borderline irresponsible, i'd say. and no, if bos stays at an inch or 2 and he fails to an exponential degree in other areas, i would call that a big loss!

Bouchard FTW?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess that American guidence is good for something after all ;)

We'll have to see where the chips fall overnight but this could be a huge win for the GFS. It hardly budged for 4 days. And was consistently saying C/NNE.

I don't know how things will shake out for the pike region up to n MA...but I'm nervous.

Having some melted and refrozen plate like snowflakes mix in here and there, still some nice aggregates too though so it seems I might be ok with regards to keeping decent snow growth. Little under 3.25"

Temp is 27

There is some drier air working in high aloft so nucleation in the moist layer is there, but it isn't what I'd call great. With the moist low levels I'd assume there's quite a bit of riming of the flakes which give them that "refrozen" look.

The guy doing the measuring studied meteorology in the military, maybe he doesn't know how to measure but they had 1.1" as of about 6pm. That's a good 10+ north of the NWS taunton office. Boston has .9

From what u gathered from people in the area they had 2" with spots near 2.5". But I don't line in Easton so maybe they were in a screw zone.

A little over 2" at home in Woburn.

Steady temp over the last hour at 32.4F

Driving home, the roads were just wet. Took 93 and once I got into Quincy (by the gas tank), temp shot up to 36 and it rained until the Tip O'Neil. Once you got to Medford, it was all snow. By Stoneham/Woburn...it was starting to stick to the highway pavement.

you gonna meet us?

Not likely Chris, wagons north for me. Need steep bumps.

WOTY on accuweather board is quite a feat.

Kevin would be like a pro met over there.

LOL.

The snow will be great in the hills. It's snowing moderately here with just over 3" so I imagine Chrlemont must be close to 5 or 6"

I'm planning for a few hours of turns there in the morning.

Nice, it should be awesome with few people there. About 6" here so that seems like a good call for Charlemont. Skied with Ginxxx and Pro lurker there Monday, it was fun then, even better now.

Honestly if the consensus for a storm is that it will be 6-12" I'll expect the 6" and hope for the foot. In this case the consensus this morning seemed to be a 4-8"/ 5-10" snowfall total for both rounds. Working outside affords me the opportunity to watch the weather unfold minute by minute. When the snow moved in at 2k earlier than progged and the intensity quickly ramped up it just felt like a better than expected showing was in the cards. So, expecting it to over-perform is a function of original expectations meeting new information and morphing into current expectations. I'm currently expecting 12+" but if things break right I might think that the second expectation was low and thus, sensing yet even more over-performance I might then expect 14+" which is the current expectation of some local mets. Of course if my current expectation of 12+" verifies they might feel it under performed if the 12+" turns out to be 13" and not their expected 14+". It's really quite simple. Regardless, the end result is going to be me shirking all responsibilities for the next several days in favor of skiing, skiing, skiing. That's the expectation anyway. I hope that answered your question Scott.

Hahaha well said Pete...I think you are a lock for 10-12 if you already have six. You'll be snowing harder than radar indicates too with low level upslope flow. Enjoy the backyard turns...headlamp tour in the snow tonight?

There is some drier air working in high aloft so nucleation in the moist layer is there, but it isn't what I'd call great. With the moist low levels I'd assume there's quite a bit of riming of the flakes which give them that "refrozen" look.

Wasn't quite sure whether it was rimed or refrozen, but that seems to be what's going on. After that last event I got a little interested when I start hearing the snow when it hits my jacket.

Not likely Chris, wagons north for me. Need steep bumps.

LOL.

Nice, it should be awesome with few people there. About 6" here so that seems like a good call for Charlemont. Skied with Ginxxx and Pro lurker there Monday, it was fun then, even better now.

I thought you said BEast was steep.. lol

Nam holds out hope for BOS.

echoes don't look bad out west, I am not sure why everyone is freaking out, it's actually comical, same people acting the same way with every storm.. not you Jerry, I know it sucks to see rain but Scooter/Will and other said it could happen during the lull, so as Scooter said, everything still on track, if we wake up tomorrow and is raining then we are screwed.

Archived