pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I measure 5.5" here from round 1 so it definitely over performed. :guitar: FYI Ne folks, we have pingers here in Albany. :weep: 23Z RUC looks pretty paultry for round 2. Any mets concerned at all with convection down south robbing moisture from round 2 up here? 18Z NAM had all layers < 0C at OZ, so warm air is overperforming.

To a degree yes. Round two is going to coincide with crashing thicknesses aloft as the upper level impuse starts to move overhead, and that combined with heavier precipitation rates will likely help to lower temperatures during the morning hours to areas that aren't already at their wetbulb.

That happens way too often now.  Back when I was in school that never happened.  Hell, my town used to wait until the last minute to make the decision which sucked b/c I showered in the morning so I would just have to take a shower...if they cancelled it sucked b/c I just showered and no sense in going back to bed.

Dude, you are only 22...back then...lol

Did a 3+ hour drive down Rt 2 from Newton got home about an hour ago.

Winter wonderland here. SN, 29F Closing on 3" at home. Pancake flour but accumualting nicely none the less.

Definitley more snow W. of the Ct River.

Was a little nervous when I ran into some pl and fzra in Erving for about a mile either side of the river.

Did a 3+ hour drive down Rt 2 from Newton got home about an hour ago.

Winter wonderland here. SN,  29F Closing on 3" at home.  Pancake flour but accumualting nicely none the less.

Definitley more snow W. of the Ct River.

Was a little nervous when I ran into some pl and fzra in Erving for about a mile either side of the river.

I am already over 3.2" (an hour ago)Glad you got back ok

I never get why they would cancel school the night before--why not wait until 4 or 5 am to see if it actually did something worthy of cancellation?

North Middlesex school district in Mass has canceled for tomorrow already. The Super has been burnt time and time again doing this but she continues to call it the night before. Her reasoning is it gives the parents time to make arrangements for the next day but I think they should wait until the morning.

Now getting some assorted garbage falling out of the sky, which is earlier than what the warm 18Z models had it. More specifically, it's some light sleet and freezing drizzle. We had about 4-4.5" from round one, but I need to measure again to be certain. Not looking good around here or for the Mass Pike corridor later, unless the dynamics are able to overwhelm the warm layer around 800 mb.

North Middlesex school district in Mass has canceled for tomorrow already. The Super has been burnt time and time again doing this but she continues to call it the night before. Her reasoning is it gives the parents time to make arrangements for the next day but I think they should wait until the morning.

Same superintendent as Quabbin.Town plow just went by. He better not hjt my mailbox

That's why none of use the NAM..just like we explained to you yesterday not to use the GFS thermal profiles for this.

Euro wins again

Sorry Forkyfork

i didn't say to use them, i just said they were ugly. the post about the gfs and euro blend was a joke

Do you have a link to projected wetbulb temps?

Thanks

Try a sounding... for your area, the problem is a pretty significant warm nose that doesn't look to give way until around midday tomorrow. That should ensure most of the event from here on out will be mainly sleet/freezing rain/rain.

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/products/namsndg/sndgpou.html

i didn't say to use them, i just said they were ugly. the post about the gfs and euro blend was a joke

easterly upslope flow can be ugly for n central ct. if will and mrg can hold off the warm layer, they will obv get 6+

the jackpot is going to be further north, though... i would like to be on a hill in southern maine

Try a sounding... for your area, the problem is a pretty significant warm nose that doesn't look to give way until around midday tomorrow. That should ensure most of the event from here on out will be mainly sleet/freezing rain/rain.

http://www.atmos.alb...dg/sndgpou.html

Any chance it cools quicker? And would it be mainly slt/frz rain, or mainly rain?

Archived