pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm even less reliable as a source for forecasts than Blizz. I'll think storms in July have the potential, however remote, to deliver good snow to the highlands. That said I've felt all afternoon that this had over performer written all over it. At least for here.

You still have the T in June from the hail:weenie:

must be what box is looking at in their discussion.

PERSISTENT ELY LOW LEVEL JET WILL FOCUS THE STEADIEST

SNOWFALL ACROSS N ZONES AND PARTICULARLY ACROSS NE MA AND THE

MERRIMACK VALLEY WHERE A PERIOD OF HEAVY SNOW IS POSSIBLE.

Is that a Koermer exam or is he gone now? If so those are always fun. I think I used 3 blue books for one once. :lol:

re: HRRR...I don't look at it much past 6hr, but it seems to keep the best deep layer moisture over S NH/N MA tomorrow morning. Hopefully it's wrong for our sake.

Just came in from clearing the snow from round 1 and I'm going to call it 4.5".

I do think we're going to see measurements come in from all over the map depending on where & how people measure. On pavement I measured any where from 3.5 to 4". On the grass I measured 5-6" and on my snowboard I measured pretty much right around 4.5" which is what I went with. Bottom line, it won't surprise me if we see 6" measurements around here.

I hope it keeps filling in.

Your a met, what do you think on any wetbulb cooling with r2?

To a degree yes. Round two is going to coincide with crashing thicknesses aloft as the upper level impuse starts to move overhead, and that combined with heavier precipitation rates will likely help to lower temperatures during the morning hours to areas that aren't already at their wetbulb.

Lucky for him. Could be a fail here since they are waiting will morning. God I hope the gfs fails.

My school usually calls by 10 if they want to cancel. Not sure though, since its a private school people drive from all over southern ma. Hoping for something but I'm doubting it. (3 inches here in Cumberland ATM)

dave before today was wa wa ice city?

i mean if anything the stuff today and tonite..that is heavy wet nature (you have a snowball type snow correct)? ..can cover that and hopefully form a decent cushion over any ice slap

btw attitash was a treat monday (no one out) and cranmore was very good tuesday

Is that a Koermer exam or is he gone now? If so those are always fun. I think I used 3 blue books for one once. :lol:

re: HRRR...I don't look at it much past 6hr, but it seems to keep the best deep layer moisture over S NH/N MA tomorrow morning. Hopefully it's wrong for our sake.

lol yep it's a Koermer exam. Fun stuff.

Yeah, the HRRR has me nervous though, because as we were talking about, this is convectively driven.

The round 3 tomorrow looks good. ...but that's not in time to cancel meso :( lol

I never get why they would cancel school the night before--why not wait until 4 or 5 am to see if it actually did something worthy of cancellation?

That happens way too often now. Back when I was in school that never happened. Hell, my town used to wait until the last minute to make the decision which sucked b/c I showered in the morning so I would just have to take a shower...if they cancelled it sucked b/c I just showered and no sense in going back to bed.

Just came in from clearing the snow from round 1 and I'm going to call it 4.5".

I do think we're going to see measurements come in from all over the map depending on where & how people measure. On pavement I measured any where from 3.5 to 4". On the grass I measured 5-6" and on my snowboard I measured pretty much right around 4.5" which is what I went with. Bottom line, it won't surprise me if we see 6" measurements around here.

Mine was on grass, didn't think I'd need a board when I left this morning. :bag:

dave before today was wa wa ice city?

i mean if anything the stuff today and tonite..that is heavy wet nature (you have a snowball type snow correct)? ..can cover that and hopefully form a decent cushion over any ice slap

btw attitash was a treat monday (no one out) and cranmore was very good tuesday

Have not been since last Tuesday. It was pretty icy then. Attitash is a great mountain. Never done Cranmore, but my wife had an aunt who was an instructor there back in the 1940s

To a degree yes. Round two is going to coincide with crashing thicknesses aloft as the upper level impuse starts to move overhead, and that combined with heavier precipitation rates will likely help to lower temperatures during the morning hours to areas that aren't already at their wetbulb.

Do you have a link to projected wetbulb temps?

Thanks

Archived