pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone worried that we're relying on legit convection firing to our west to blossom into "round 2".

Seems a little more tenuous than usual.

I've been worried since this morning. However, the euro made me feel pretty good this afternoon. Now it's back to looking a little dicey, but it's too early to really gauge.

Yes. Exactly as depicted on all meso models at this point. Should that fail...

Yeah we're relying on convective initiation to develop a surface low... not pretty.

All sorts of convective feedback and thermal profiles dictated by strong latent heat release downstream. That makes this forecast quite a challenge with HUGE bust potential.

ryan isn't that stuff in PA sliding due east? is that supposed to shift ENE or "set off" snows regenerating (or ice/rain) overnite....seems like a wiff to the south ....no?

It's the convection from Detroit to Cleveland we'll have to watch. That other stuff is a miss.

don't you get the feeling that when even a small amount of energy is injected back into the system from that pulse below us things will really fire up again?

Nice band banking up against the east slope right now. Not moving much, just regenerating. Channel 40's 14+" for GC should have little trouble verifying.

Really hope so. Meso test tomorrow morning that I would rather not have to take ;)

Is that a Koermer exam or is he gone now? If so those are always fun. I think I used 3 blue books for one once. :lol:

re: HRRR...I don't look at it much past 6hr, but it seems to keep the best deep layer moisture over S NH/N MA tomorrow morning. Hopefully it's wrong for our sake.

People are second guessing themselves too much. I don't think anything is much different from progged for several cycles now. Of course I have no problem with things getting switched up a little... I'm a shoo-in for rain tonight so I wouldn't mind a chance to change that.

Julian, every forecast seems to be going warmer now. Is there any hope?

don't you get the feeling that when even a small amount of energy is injected back into the system from that pulse below us things will really fire up again?

I'm even less reliable as a source for forecasts than Blizz. I'll think storms in July have the potential, however remote, to deliver good snow to the highlands. That said I've felt all afternoon that this had over performer written all over it. At least for here.

You can already start to see signs of round two appearing over Ohio entering Pennsylvania. The ECMWF was a bit overdone with the activity in southern PA, and I think the GFS actually has a better handle on what is happening currently, with precipitation blossoming further north away from the coastline mainly associated with CVA moving with the upper level low.

2rpg1z9.png

You can already start to see signs of round two appearing over Ohio entering Pennsylvania. The ECMWF was a bit overdone with the activity in southern PA, and I think the GFS actually has a better handle on what is happening currently, with precipitation blossoming further north away from the coastline mainly associated with CVA moving with the upper level low.

2rpg1z9.png

I hope it keeps filling in.

Your a met, what do you think on any wetbulb cooling with r2?

Archived