Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

nice

lol, it's cool to boom staight up 70'. Once I got above tree top level there is a very stiff NE wind. It's a little freaky because fully extended the boom has some sway in the wind. You swear you might go right over. Combined with the SN+ and low vis it makes for a nice rush.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's more a function of just really crappy precip rates. The mild bl doesn't help but if its not steady/moderate precip the low levels won't respond. Steady/heavier precip brought the temp right down to 32F earlier

it's like what the guy who works in marlborough posted.....he's gotta 3 or so inches in marlborough and an inch in brookline.....warm BL for the Loss....not like it was precipitating like gang buster's in marlborough all day was it? i mean i could be off on this

there is so much compaction when it's light because the warm BL is melting what already accumulated nicely (when rates were good) .....it's asking too much to think were gonna get good rates from start to finish with little interruption.

lol same thing happened here

Shovelled and as i was out it went from light snow to a little sleet and now freezing rain..very icy on the driveway 29.3 Everything going as expected so far with round 1..with widespread 4-7 then ice..Now we just need round 2 to verify

Shovelled and as i was out it went from light snow to a little sleet and now freezing rain..very icy on the driveway 29.3 Everything going as expected so far with round 1..with widespread 4-7 then ice..Now we just need round 2 to verify

I was talking about ice earlier, I think it could be a huge issue tonight into Ct.

Where the hell are you getting widespread 4-7"? you, Killingly, and a few isolated spots had 5". Many got 1-3". So if you mean widespread by like you road in Tolland, then yes.

4-7? No. 3-5 right for round 1 and likely final in CT.

WAA impressive...gfs so far has done an excellent job, and by far was the steadiest model leading up to the event.

I'm telling you. I've been preaching it, practically...WAA is usually under done in these set ups...you have no idea how many times I've woken up to pingers in Westbrook throughout my childhood...actually you def do know because you've preached the same message!

I expected ice..no surprise here..it's all about when N Ct goes back to hvy snow with round 2.. that we just can't time right now

I expected ice as well. That new annoying met said no ice I think.

I hope we're pleasantly surprised with round 2 but right now my forecast is fail.

it's like what the guy who works in marlborough posted.....he's gotta 3 or so inches in marlborough and an inch in brookline.....warm BL for the Loss....not like it was precipitating like gang buster's in marlborough all day was it? i mean i could be off on this

there is so much compaction when it's light because the warm BL is melting what already accumulated nicely (when rates were good) .....it's asking too much to think were gonna get good rates from start to finish with little interruption.

The funny thing was that when I was leaving there it didn't seem like it was coming down particularly hard but it was even starting to stick on the roads a little. Where I work is at 450' versus my home which is 15' and I'm guessing while that isn't huge elevation compared to Brookline it makes a difference. There was a short time this evening when it was a coming down harder than it had at work and didn't appear to make a dent.

Archived