clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well barring a colossal warmup in the next few hours, futility falls by midnight

well KBOS up to 34...with East wind BL may torch bos tonite....with just west in arlington heights /winchester hills doin much better with temps 1.5-2 degrees cooler.

wouldn't be shocked to see KBOS up to 35 later in the eve...aren't temp around 40 or so on the bouys?

bands missing boston to the north and south...1/2 inch total from round one here in metro west...soaking wet streets...could be a major score for Pete B from WHDH so far his call is dead on...roards are too warm...wamr layers ruining snow growth...snowed moderately from 1-2Pm and has been -sn or flurries for the last 3 hours. what a winter.

futility won't go quietly

i'm actually suprised we got nearly 1 inch of snow in cambridge....i consider it a over permormer here...lol and it will pick up in spurts for next hour....

well KBOS up to 34...with East wind BL may torch bos tonite....with just west in arlington heights /winchester hills doin much better with temps 1.5-2 degrees cooler.

wouldn't be shocked to see KBOS up to 35 later in the eve...aren't temp around 40 or so on the bouys?

Its all dependent on intensity. When it snows hard, it drops to 32 or lower. Otherwise temps have been quite steady all day. the marine influence is overplayed. It's the mid levels that will kill us all near the Pike east of the Berks imho.

1.75 total for episode 1 measured 2 inches in a couple places but I don't have an official snowboard or anything so figured I'd go with the lower number.

Wind was calm for the duration of the first batch but I'm starting to see the branches moving a little bit. Still have some very light snow falling, temp still at 27

Drove through Bow on the way back from Stowe on I-89 south. Nothing on the ground at 1pm. Glad to see that Central NE is finally getting some snowcover. We have about an 1" here on the ocean so far and coming down moderately.

hows my flight outta bos at noon lookin tommorrow

i just gotta get my connecting flight by 345pm in JFK to FLL..

anyone think there much of a shot of a 4 hour delay in boston for a noon flight tommorrow?

High likelihood. It is dependent on the system as well as ceiling. Heavy rain will turn you back hours sometimes.

Its all dependent on intensity. When it snows hard, it drops to 32 or lower. Otherwise temps have been quite steady all day. the marine influence is overplayed. It's the mid levels that will kill us all near the Pike east of the Berks imho.

Actually I think it is the lower levels. It had to precip hard otherwise we get nothing. Thats why I'm pulling for the euro here.

Tolland FTW

CONNECTICUT

...HARTFORD COUNTY...

EAST HARTLAND 4.0 414 PM 2/29 HAM RADIO

COLLINSVILLE 3.7 401 PM 2/29 HAM RADIO

BURLINGTON 3.5 418 PM 2/29 SPOTTER

GRANBY 3.0 427 PM 2/29 HAM RADIO

CANTON 3.0 339 PM 2/29 HAM RADIO

VERNON 2.0 413 PM 2/29 HAM RADIO

MANCHESTER 2.0 412 PM 2/29 HAM RADIO

WEST HARTFORD 2.0 353 PM 2/29 HAM RADIO

SIMSBURY 1.8 422 PM 2/29 HAM RADIO

NEW BRITAIN 1.7 414 PM 2/29 HAM RADIO

WETHERSFIELD 1.5 428 PM 2/29 HAM RADIO

BRISTOL 1.0 425 PM 2/29 HAM RADIO

...TOLLAND COUNTY...

TOLLAND 5.0 529 PM 2/29 AMATEUR RADIO

STAFFORD SPRINGS 4.1 527 PM 2/29 NONE

STAFFORDVILLE 4.0 452 PM 2/29 COOP OBSERVER

ELLINGTON 1.5 424 PM 2/29 HAM RADIO

...WINDHAM COUNTY...

POMFRET CENTER 4.5 455 PM 2/29 SPOTTER

EAST KILLINGLY 3.5 511 PM 2/29 NONE

WOODSTOCK 3.0 420 PM 2/29 SPOTTER

HAMPTON 3.0 451 PM 2/29 COOP OBSERVER

The Euro can either score a great coup per usual or rarely sh*t the bed. Ward I'm worried.....

Well I think we should be ok tomorrow. I would think we'll get some precip tonight, but I have a bit of an uneasy feeling with that. Sometimes the precip is convective and processes that allow for precip to develop, get messed up.

Drove through Bow on the way back from Stowe on I-89 south. Nothing on the ground at 1pm. Glad to see that Central NE is finally getting some snowcover. We have about an 1" here on the ocean so far and coming down moderately.

Yeah its been a disappointing year driving south on highways this year in NH from the more wintry areas up north. Was up toward Hopkinton earlier today and they had an inch or two snow cover from the rain changing to snow event last Friday.

Archived