clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how mid level warmth is actually allowing you to get sleet instead of rain. The sleet pellets are melting slower than the snowflakes.

Makes sense earlier it was a few mangled cat paws making it down so it was obvious it was snowing upstairs but the bl was so warm they were able to melt. Back to all rain now, but that was fun, have a trace of sleet on the deck.........T goes in the books. :santa:

pelt fest has commenced LOL

Have monster sleet pellets all of the sudden lol, very very very strange.

Scooter, why is it sleeting here now, all across coastal ct, it has been all rain, besides a few cat paws............850s are warming and precip is much lighter, but massive chunks of ice LOL........?> more convective, air rising?

Dumbfounded.

lol

southern NH must be cashing in on that band right now. I don't have any reports from Keene though yet.

If I wasn't 5ppd I could offer more reports (wink wink dendrite)

Lol, this band is freaking awesome. MHT is barely in it thank God. Huge dendrites probably at least an inch per hour.

southern NH must be cashing in on that band right now. I don't have any reports from Keene though yet.

ASH to Merrimack looks quite good, even up where I am is snowing quite well. Probably .5-.75" an hour and snow growth seems quite good still. Hope it continues because it is accumulating quite will with temps in the upper 20's

SN

3" new (estimate)

Still on duty for school this afternoon but it's snowing nicely in the Monadnocks and the temperature has been dropping off into the 20s. Snow had lightened up a little after 3pm but is now getting heavier. This band should eventually push east but we'll get at least another hour of moderate snows judging by radar. Beautiful scene outside.

Looks like we are around 2" eyeballing it...but havent actually gone out to measure. Coming down really nicely right now. I need to catch some Zs at some point this afternoon but keep getting mesmorized by the snow...in this winter its not hard to.

Me too. I'm not gonna make it another 12 hours until band 2 gets going lol. Sticking to the roads there?

Archived