• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

I'm not talking about qpf..people need to stop focusing on qpf ..you need to focus on synoptics and temp profiles..look at model bias and errors..It all leads to the Euro being superior. If the setup is there it is going to add up..regardless of modelled qpf

I think modeled qpf is fairly important within 24hrs of a storm. And a bias of the Euro is that its dry, and the NAM is usually overdone. And the setup is and has been there for this evening, but once the WAA slug moves through, the mid levels will really have at it. Look at DXR, already starting to occur there.

Thats where you and the Mets here differ, you think round 2 is snow when there is some strong data that suggests other wise, especially south of the MA border. 4-6" for you I think. 20 miles north gets 8+"

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really would not be all that swayed by the NAM. We are pretty much nowcasting anyways. We'll just watch how everything transpires.

I'd feel a little more worried about it if the Euro had looked ugly just a while ago....but since it came out with an awesome solution and the other models look good, I don't think worrying over a run of the NAM that slices some of the qpf overnight is something I would do.

I'd feel a little more worried about it if the Euro had looked ugly just a while ago....but since it came out with an awesome solution and the other models look good, I don't think worrying over a run of the NAM that slices some of the qpf overnight is something I would do.

Violently agree to the point of shaking your Explorer while riding to the conference

Yeah that's how I feel. I mean it is an 18z run so you hope it's not seeing something, but the NAM is kooked.

already busted lol

And, the new warning ups the totals (actually what my zfp has had all day).

LOCATIONS...EAST SLOPES OF THE BERKSHIRES...CENTRAL

MASSACHUSETTS AND SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE.

* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 8 TO 12 INCHES...ALONG

WITH UP TO A TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE.

I think modeled qpf is fairly important within 24hrs of a storm. And a bias of the Euro is that its dry, and the NAM is usually overdone. And the setup is and has been there for this evening, but once the WAA slug moves through, the mid levels will really have at it. Look at DXR, already starting to occur there.

Thats where you and the Mets here differ, you think round 2 is snow when there is some strong data that suggests other wise, especially south of the MA border. 4-6" for you I think. 20 miles north gets 8+"

No I think I sleet for tonite and back to snow late late

Archived