happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the changes that it makes. Ridiculous. I do think it came back down to Earth at least, but it went in the other direction..lol. We'll have to see.

This is precisely..precisely why I love the Euro..very little run to run changes as we get under 3 days..Once it locks..it locks..and yet folks again and again and again believe the GFS/NAM horror show

no pics from anyone?

Are you serious?

Scroll down to the bottom of any page and you will see a nice little feature that allows you to move back or forward within a thread. It's actually a great advancement in world-wide-web technology (although I'm not sure if Al Gore had much to do with Bulletin Board features). My gut tells me that many of the photos that have been posted this afternoon have not been removed by mods.

Go ahead, and have at it.

This is precisely..precisely why I love the Euro..very little run to run changes as we get under 3 days..Once it locks..it locks..and yet folks again and again and again believe the GFS/NAM horror show

Well you also have to remember that a model run that is closer to the event also needs to be given some thought. The NAM went overboard probably because like Phil says...that's what it does, but I don't disagree with a possible good mid level warm push..especially with it being dependent on how everything redevelops later tonight.

But the Euro was paltry on qpf until this morning...

I'm not talking about qpf..people need to stop focusing on qpf ..you need to focus on synoptics and temp profiles..look at model bias and errors..It all leads to the Euro being superior. If the setup is there it is going to add up..regardless of modelled qpf

boy that first string of moisture is relly breaking up now on radar. Looks to be moving pretty fast as well. Huge dry slot opening up on a SE-NW axis from boston all the way out rt 2 into vermont. This first bathc looks to be done by 7-8 o clock. Nothing on roads here in north central MA. BUST?

Well you also have to remember that a model run that is closer to the event also needs to be given some thought. The NAM went overboard probably because like Phil says...that's what it does, but I don't disagree with a possible good mid level warm push..especially with it being dependent on how everything redevelops later tonight.

Yeah, many people have highlighted that for areas south of the pike. WAA at 800mb is pretty strong in this event.

I think I win the award of snowhole from round 1, unless things drastically improve here, I'll be screwed. Less than an inch here. ...looks like just to the north is getting the goods, though. Taking the kids out of school on Friday and heading up to Bromley ftw, I guess...

About 1" here too but not ever yet.

I expect to see many facebook statuses from people complaining when it stops at 8-9 after only 2-3" here until we get the 6z-12z thump.

Archived