Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

us weenies are getting rusty, ggem is beautiful and the gfs has a closed 500 go right under us with a late blooming miller b. Def. a threat to watch and pray for because its torch o rama after this

Yeah this clipper has looked more interesting to me than the current storm. Problem is GGEM loves to blow up storms at our latitude, and the closed h5 low seems unreasonable given the progressive nature of the pattern, no blocking downstream. Hopefully we can get some other model support.

Warm pattern afterwards into mid march but I'm not biting on torch yet, at least for NYC, LI and other coastal areas. High pressure position is not great and the flow may have too much southerly component. At this time of year you want to see those W-E highs bulding across the Southern/SE US so that the sfc flow is predominately W/SW. Right now it looks like the core of the ridge will be centered offshore which probably means a lot of marine influence.

12z gefs have a mixed result. A couple of them develop the wave that the ggem has but the majority of them have the clipper. 2-3 of them blow up the clipper for our area.

i love snow and want a storm but id rather have the 70 degree weather already. End this winter and lets start the next one with some blocking, cold air ( no AK vortex ) and a nice little weak el nino lol

The Euro doesn't have the storm but it seems to be only slightly disjointed with the southern stream shortwave...which delays the surface low development..it's not a terrible look at H5.

We have been really been walking a fine line between cutting to close and suppression this winter.

but not as far as NEG NAO is from being a red tagger so its not all bad news

I was just making a post with an observation in the banter thread - why would I be red tagged ? If anybody should be red tagged its you for harrasing different people around here

I didn't know posting a link to the euro was considered a horrific post - whats horrific is someone bullying someone else just for the fun of it

Some people have nothing better to do..

Its basically the same old same old...

Long range there is a chance at snow so we are going to hype the potential up...

Medium range the guidance starts running warmer...

No this should not be ..

Short range ...models are too warm for any snow in NYC (city itself)

Out come the meso scale models which say differently...

Final result was to warm for snow....

Those who see chances get ridiculed and those who try to be realistic get ridiculed...

Archived