• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

All kidding aside, If you have a legit medical reason of course not...

this was mostly aimed at Metfan and a few other delusional snow weenies that still believe it's going to snow this year in a pattern with record highs and that has produced virtually no snow all season.

When did I ever say that it was going to snow again? Stop putting words in my mouth.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All kidding aside, If you have a legit medical reason of course not...

this was mostly aimed at Metfan and a few other delusional snow weenies that still believe it's going to snow this year in a pattern with record highs and that has produced virtually no snow all season.

Fair enough. Honestly though snowcover would also work for me as I am allergic to most grasses in addition to pollen. I cannot even sit on the grass with shorts on for more than a few minutes even in non-allergy season or I start itching horribly. I friggin hate it!

I would love to move to Alaska

You won't get snow even in Alaska on Memorial Day. I just checked the forecast for Anchorage and while the temps are still in the 20's for highs there, the average high for this date is 33. By mid-March you have to go to northern Alaska or extreme northern Canada to find normal highs below freezing.

Anybody that thinks we are still going to see cold and snow in this type pattern is just plain delusional. You have to take the year into account. This season we have seen practically no snow and no extended periods of below normal temperatures. Now as we move into Spring (one week away) there is no reason to think that that magically things are going to flip.

From Mt. Holly AFD this morning

LONGER RANGE...IT IS A BROKEN RECORD, THE NORTH ATLANTIC

OSCILLATION IS OUTLOOKED TO REMAIN POSITIVE IN THE LONG TERM, THE

NAEFS WEEK TWO TEMPERATURE PROGS STRONGLY FAVOR WARMER THAN NORMAL

WEATHER AND THE MADDEN JULIAN OSCILLATION IS ENTERING THE WARMER

PHASES FOR THE EASTERN CONUS. WE SEE NO END TO THE UNSEASONABLY

MILD WEATHER IN THE LONG TERM AND EVEN IN THE ENSUING WEEK. THE

CPC WEEK 2 OUTLOOK HAS US WARMER THAN NORMAL.

They seem to be model hugging! I do feel thta in light of recent trends warmer than normal is now average... the only question is how much!

You ever try allergy shots? I get them and they help alot. Also flonase.

I took them for 15 years but thankfully Zyrtec has allowed me to eliminate that from my treatments. I use Nasonex for nasal spray and Patanol for eyes. They work really well also. The allergies have calmed down as years have gone on, I was borderline asthmatic during elementary and high school even while taking allergy shots.

You won't get snow even in Alaska on Memorial Day. I just checked the forecast for Anchorage and while the temps are still in the 20's for highs there, the average high for this date is 33. By mid-March you have to go to northern Alaska or extreme northern Canada to find normal highs below freezing.

Who wants snow in May?

I hear mcmurdo station has time.shares now. Maybe he should look into may-oct

what?

maybe he got the timing mixed up and was talking about early the following week.. i'm not sure.. The ridge does get beat down next week, but no where close to where it would influence us.. it's much more in Canada.. .at least the way it is forecasted now. I hope the ridge doesn't get beaten all the way down. I want 80+ next week.

maybe he got the timing mixed up and was talking about early the following week.. i'm not sure.. The ridge does get beat down next week, but no where close to where it would influence us.. it's much more in Canada.. .at least the way it is forecasted now. I hope the ridge doesn't get beaten all the way down. I want 80+ next week.

it's a nice dry airmass. Sitting at 71 here. Not a cloud in the sky and a very light breeze

Archived