• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

Not something that you see everyday in Hawaii, how common is severe weather in Hawaii?

Severe Thunderstorm Warning

SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI

610 AM HST FRI MAR 9 2012

HIC003-091645-

/O.CON.PHFO.SV.W.0004.000000T0000Z-120309T1645Z/

HONOLULU HI-

...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING CONTINUES UNTIL 645 AM HST FOR THE

ISLAND OF OAHU IN HONOLULU COUNTY...

AT 610 AM HST...THE PUBLIC WAS CONTINUING TO REPORT GOLFBALL SIZE

HAIL ON KANEOHE BAY DRIVE. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED OVER KANEOHE

MARINE BASE...MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 10 MPH.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not something that you see everyday in Hawaii, how common is severe weather in Hawaii?

SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT

HIC003-091645-

HONOLULU HI-

Wow...yea they have perfect weather just about, except if you are on the windward side of the islands and u get alot of rain. What is cool is that if you drive 10 min down the road, not only is the weather different, but the climate itself is different. The drive from the airport on maui to kapalau has many different types of climate. Some places are parched and like a desert, and others are well watered and lush.

Why are people so dumb. Why.

It's really unbelievable. Does no one realize the sun coming up later in the morning? As if a random species residing on one of several planets can affect planetary weather and solar insolation levels by turning a plastic arm one time to the right.

SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT

HIC003-091645-

HONOLULU HI-

Kona Low

Welp, that should do it. Got down to 29 in the park this AM, but we were only below freezing for a few hours. The chances of us returning to aob 32F post-torch (which I'm guessing is late March at this point) are not remote, but there is a fairly high probability that we just saw our last below freezing night here in NYC.

Someone tell the Channel five news people that Daylight Saving Time does not mean 'more sunshine'.

I think these people wake up at like 10am and don't realize the sun coming up an hour later. Are they really this dumb???

Guest Patrick

It's really easy to pick on people "anonymously" on internet groups like this one. This is a banter thread, and if Ant or anyone else wants to gum it up with banter, so be it. The personal attacks on an individual's content or character are really uncalled for and border on harassment and cyberbullying in some cases.

Not sure what is going on in Anthony's personal life, but we all have stories, and some of us look forward to different forms of extreme weather as a way to distract from more painful realities. I read this somewhere, and remember parts of it:

There was a man on a plane with his 7 children. They were pretty unruly, distracting passengers around them and making everyone miserable. FInally one of the fellow passengers had enough, and got up the courage to ask him to please control his kids. he looked at her and said "I'm sorry, their mother died suddenly last week, and I am doing the best I can."

...That's about all I can remember from the story, but things aren't always what they seem, and you never know who you are picking on. Some of you won't care, and most of you probably already have me blocked or don't care much for what I say.

Either way, enjoy the upcoming spring weather.

the pick on Anthony routine is old, as is forky's tough guy online routine. No one pays attention to it anymore. And given what is going on in Anthony's personal life right now, he should be hands off.

I don't comment much here, but people should really take this to task. Ask yourself what can really be gained on picking on somebody you don't know? We're all here to talk about the weather and we should all respect each other's opinions, no matter how much we disagree with them.

It's really easy to pick on people "anonymously" on internet groups like this one. This is a banter thread, and if Ant or anyone else wants to gum it up with banter, so be it. The personal attacks on an individual's content or character are really uncalled for and border on harassment and cyberbullying in some cases.

Not sure what is going on in Anthony's personal life, but we all have stories, and some of us look forward to different forms of extreme weather as a way to distract from more painful realities. I read this somewhere, and remember parts of it:

There was a man on a plane with his 7 children. They were pretty unruly, distracting passengers around them and making everyone miserable. FInally one of the fellow passengers had enough, and got up the courage to ask him to please control his kids. he looked at her and said "I'm sorry, their mother died suddenly last week, and I am doing the best I can."

...That's about all I can remember from the story, but things aren't always what they seem, and you never know who you are picking on. Some of you won't care, and most of you probably already have me blocked or don't care much for what I say.

Either way, enjoy the upcoming spring weather.

Archived