Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those that believe this is "due to global warming", I invite you to scroll through the global temp anomaly forecasts here on Dr. Ryan's page. North America is an island of warmth in a sea of cold. This has been the most stable pattern I've ever seen. North America has been, by far, the warmest spot on the globe since December. The majority of the land masses have been below normal temp wise over the past several months; we're really seeing the height of the torch.

http://policlimate.com/climate/cfsr/cfsr_t2m_global.html

Surprising that this thread was allowed to stay up - there is no chance we will see 70's from the 7th - 15th - the GFS only has 50's as highs in KEWR for starters but a few readings in the low 60's is possible with 850 temps less then 10 the whole period - can't get 70's that way

http://wxweb.meteost...shtml?text=KEWR

And now batting....Mario Mendoza.

Those that believe this is "due to global warming", I invite you to scroll through the global temp anomaly forecasts here on Dr. Ryan's page. North America is an island of warmth in a sea of cold. This has been the most stable pattern I've ever seen. North America has been, by far, the warmest spot on the globe since December. The majority of the land masses have been below normal temp wise over the past several months; we're really seeing the height of the torch.  

http://policlimate.c...t2m_global.html

No one ever said the warming would be uniform. That's why climate change is used when people bring up individual events.

got it...whats with the new icon?

Striped bass fishing is my #1 love. Snow is 2nd.

Its time to fish! Winter is 100% over and the water temps are climbing to the magical 50+ degrees needed for stripers to start their migration.

i see you moved to banter...where do you/what kinda boat?

I fish 75% of the time in the western LI sound. Both by boat and off the beach. No difference in catching stripers.

As the summer comes and the waters warm too fast, the stripers move east and then north so I chase them as far east as Montauk in August and September. Then in Oct-Dec. they had back down west and south to start their winter migration to Virginia.

Very similar to birds.

I fish 75% of the time in the western LI sound. Both by boat and off the beach. No difference in catching stripers.

As the summer comes and the waters warm too fast, the stripers move east and then north so I chase them as far east as Montauk in August and September. Then in Oct-Dec. they had back down west and south to start their winter migration to Virginia.

Very similar to birds.

very nice. best memories were swimming in Lloyd Harbor and you can just put ur feet down and pull up the clams...we used to do that every week until the harbor master told us we needed permits...i think its time to get a boat again

Archived