Newest Member
    Monty
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wind will be annoying today...NAM has 20kt 10m winds this afternoon

The 12z NAM is also indicating that there are localized areas in NJ that could have winds as high as 26 kts.

I have no idea why Mt. Holly has not issued a Wind Advisory, not even a "Fire Weather Watch" like they did yesterday, as the winds are going to be worse today than yesterday it seems, possibly sparking up a few flames in the brushes...

wind9.gif

The 12z NAM is also indicating that there are localized areas in NJ that could have winds as high as 26 kts.

I have no idea why Mt. Holly has not issued a Wind Advisory, not even a "Fire Weather Watch" like they did yesterday, as the winds are going to be worse today than yesterday it seems, possibly sparking up a few flames in the brushes...

wind9.gif

Upton has wind advisory and a mention of fire danger, nothing with the winds yet

Upton has wind advisory and a mention of fire danger, nothing with the winds yet

It;s pretty breezy where I am, everything seems to be heading in a westerly to easterly progression. It was overcast by my area about 1-2 hours ago, but it is now mostly sunny. You should feel the winds in the next few hours or so IMO.

It;s pretty breezy where I am, everything seems to be heading in a westerly to easterly progression. It was overcast by my area about 1-2 hours ago, but it is now mostly sunny. You should feel the winds in the next few hours or so IMO.

Thanks, yeah sunny here now

i dont care what anybody says, im calling global warming on this one, absolutely ridiculous...how many times can we have record or near warmth (for monthly departures) and not realize that its not normal...i mean sure we had snow past few winters but they werent all that cold.

I just can't see how this is normal...to have NO cold shots of air in the past 2 months?!?!?!

i dont care what anybody says, im calling global warming on this one, absolutely ridiculous...how many times can we have record or near warmth (for monthly departures) and not realize that its not normal...i mean sure we had snow past few winters but they werent all that cold.

I just can't see how this is normal...to have NO cold shots of air in the past 2 months?!?!?!

the world doesn't revolve around the NY Metro lol...

anyway turned on car a/c for the first time this year woot! :sled:

umm-tell that to the folks in Alaska, Europe and Asia who have frozen to death this winter. Just b/c it's warm in your backyard doesnt mean a whole hell of a lot.

Its global warming because its warm Queens NY .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be right back ,

I must hurry this out and announce your brillant findings to the news organizations of the world .

Its global warming because its warm Queens NY .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be right back ,

I must hurry this out and announce your brillant findings to the news organizations of the world .

haha yup. i only care about MBY...i love pissing off climate change denialists...honestly, its just so fun! i love hearing their conspiracy theories on how liberals made up manmade global warming for their own interests...ha!

I don't know that its global warming necessarily but there are some screwy things going on. Lots of extremes in terms of snowfall, flooding, high temps, drought, tornado outbreaks etc. The atmosphere seems to be trying to even things out though so we're probably due for another shift in the opposite direction.

Alaska yes was cold, Europe was only cold for 3 weeks or so, and remember i said i dont care what anybody says... :gun_bandana:

haha yup. i only care about MBY...i love pissing off climate change denialists...honestly, its just so fun! i love hearing their conspiracy theories on how liberals made up manmade global warming for their own interests...ha!

I`m sure he was just kidding . Great day and Great month on tap .

I don't know that its global warming necessarily but there are some screwy things going on. Lots of extremes in terms of snowfall, flooding, high temps, drought, tornado outbreaks etc. The atmosphere seems to be trying to even things out though so we're probably due for another shift in the opposite direction.

Its def global warming...did people ever consider that global warming can have an effect on the weather pattern...as in, make less negative NAO, affect PNA, ENSO, etc...sure the pattern makes it warm, but the warming may affect the patterns themselves...

But i dont mind warmer weather to be honest, sure sea levels will rise, thats why i live on the north shore and always will, the south shore is pretty dumpy as is, so a little flooding may clean the place up a bit, the ocean will be closer as well, as sunrise highway is better than going to a barrier island.

Right and would we really miss Florida? ;-)

But i dont mind warmer weather to be honest, sure sea levels will rise, thats why i live on the north shore and always will, the south shore is pretty dumpy as is, so a little flooding may clean the place up a bit, the ocean will be closer as well, as sunrise highway is better than going to a barrier island.

Its def global warming...did people ever consider that global warming can have an effect on the weather pattern...as in, make less negative NAO, affect PNA, ENSO, etc...sure the pattern makes it warm, but the warming may affect the patterns themselves...

:weenie:

Archived