• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

here we go folks-the 1st day of the extended torch! Enjoy it.

Isn't this only going to be a 2-3 day torch? The weekend is supposed to be relatively cool no? Especially Saturday.. I guess, by Monday-Tuesday of next week it really begins to warm up again..

I would love to get some mid 60's for an extended amount of time by next week.. For the few hold outs- kiss this winter (or whatever you want to call it- goodbye) and lets get some sun, nice temps and some green around here... After this weekend w/ the change of the clocks, we are all going to be in full spring mode..

Jeff

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't this only going to be a 2-3 day torch? The weekend is supposed to be relatively cool no? Especially Saturday.. I guess, by Monday-Tuesday of next week it really begins to warm up again..

I would love to get some mid 60's for an extended amount of time by next week.. For the few hold outs- kiss this winter (or whatever you want to call it- goodbye) and lets get some sun, nice temps and some green around here... After this weekend w/ the change of the clocks, we are all going to be in full spring mode..

Jeff

You're right. Today and tomorrow will be a mini-torch, then it's breezy and cooler Friday and especially on Saturday when highs might not get out of the lower to mid 40s. Then a couple of days of changeable skies with moderating temperatures depending on the track of the upper low coming out of the midwest.....then perhaps another couple of days of fair and mild (60s) weather.

So basically, after this cool weekend, if this map above is to believed, next week (by mid week) things are really going to get going.. (temp wise) Bring on spring.. wow. I couldn't be more excited.. If it does get this warm, and is some what consistent, we'll have full green up by late april, or there abouts..

hmmm....how much of this warmth can we contribute to the warming of the globe...this seems almost eerie how warm it has been...

Global Temperature anomalies as measured by the RSS satellite using a baseline of 1979-2000, found that the Global Temperature anomaly for February 2012 was -.121 Degrees C, which is the 8th Coldest February in the record, (the 7th and 6th coldest are just a few thousanths of a degree colder than February 2012) and it is the second coldest anomaly in 18.5 years.

So in other words, the Global Temperature is cold, so you can't blame this winter's mildness in NYC on "Global Warming"

hmmm....how much of this warmth can we contribute to the warming of the globe...this seems almost eerie how warm it has been...

I have to agree w/ you.. With basically no winter and warm weather building something seems odd.. However, I remember the spring of 1991 and well, i don't have the specific details off hand, but by May 1st it was in the high 70's to low 80's or higher almost every day..

Also March of 1990 was very warm.. Each of those winters were very warm as well... So, w/o the core numbers, how unprecedented this winter and now perhaps a warm spring (if it comes to fruition) is unknown to me.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.. This warmer weather is great though.. Can't complain. 38 and rain just sucks!

Global Temperature anomalies as measured by the RSS satellite using a baseline of 1979-2000, found that the Global Temperature anomaly for February 2012 was -.121 Degrees C, which is the 8th Coldest February in the record, (the 7th and 6th coldest are just a few thousanths of a degree colder than February 2012) and it is the second coldest anomaly in 18.5 years.

So in other words, the Global Temperature is cold, so you can't blame this winter's mildness in NYC on "Global Warming"

Interesting. So then its just the miserable weather pattern on this side of the world keeping us warm. Good to know. Thanks dude.

You practice law Psv88... It's a typical problem.. I don't know many people unless they are making bank that love their practice.. Either they own their own practice or just love what they do.. Even the ones that do make lots of money still appear miserable to some degree.. :(

The weather is what keeps me sane!

You practice law Psv88... It's a typical problem.. I don't know many people unless they are making bank that love their practice.. Either they own their own practice or just love what they do.. Even the ones that do make lots of money still appear miserable to some degree.. :(

The weather is what keeps me sane!

Yea im leaving labor and employment law and moving to a commercial litigation firm, its more $ and hopefully more interesting/less annoying dealing with bitching employees about their overtime when they make more than i do.

I dont know how anyone could love this haha...writing papers all day? Sure! The only part i like are depositions and going to court which don't happen enough. Hopefully ill be making bank soon, even though i got 20% raise, its not saying much...

My monday night league average 219 wednesday night hot shot doubles was averaging 238 now 227 i got a storm vg nano solid and pearl 2 storm victory roads a storm crossroad storm fast and a brunswick slingshot

Where do you bowl? I bowl at tabs for my school this is my 6th year bowling, and I'm still working on my average ever since I broke my wrist.

Where do you bowl? I bowl at tabs for my school this is my 6th year bowling, and I'm still working on my average ever since I broke my wrist.

I bowl at east islip in suffolk county on long island. Wrist injuries are a horror with a bowler. Just try not to force the ball with your wrist cup on your downswing and release, you'll just strain it.

There is something about being in mid 80 degree weather in Florida during the month of February that makes you want to pull the plug on winter no matter how much you love snow.

Yea the feel of the warm weather is more comfortable than being outside in 30 F or lower temps. I can agree with that

I bowl at east islip in suffolk county on long island. Wrist injuries are a horror with a bowler. Just try not to force the ball with your wrist cup on your downswing and release, you'll just strain it.

Yeah it healed perfectly the doctor said and although I get pain once and a while I can bowl like a used to now.

Archived