• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

I've experienced Sacramento once when it was 105-106F, I agree it was extremely hot but I'd argue last summer's heat in NYC when we were pushing over 100 was worse. The humidity made those days in July absolutely unbearable. It was a disgusting, stagnant sauna all through Manhattan. I've also been in L.A. when it was around 100 and it wasn't terrible for me.

I was once in 110 degree air and it felt worse when the wind actually blew that when it was calm. It really was like a door to an oven was opened in your face.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want to see inferno, look at KDMH (Maryland Science Center), which is right in the middle of downtown B'more. OBVIOUSLY the data here is affected by that, but they were crazy hot last summer, especially at night. On July 22 they had a day where it was 108 with a low of 88. The monthly average was 96/78.

You really get a great example of the urban heat island by comparing DMH and BWI.

Normal highs at BWI are, on average, about 1 degree lower.

Normal lows are about 5-6 degrees lower.

Guest Pamela

There's nothing pleasant about 100F+ besides the historical perspective of course so I really hope we stray away from that this summer.

I need some ideas for tomorrow......wanna spend the day outside, or at least near the outdoors, lol....with my almost 3 year old son. Im considering the Botanical garden (wife would like it)...or heading upstate to Minnewaska for the day (though that might be a bit chilly in the morning for my son). Any other ideas?

I need some ideas for tomorrow......wanna spend the day outside, or at least near the outdoors, lol....with my almost 3 year old son. Im considering the Botanical garden (wife would like it)...or heading upstate to Minnewaska for the day (though that might be a bit chilly in the morning for my son). Any other ideas?

There is always the Bronx zoo or the aquarium in Brooklyn.

You probably spend more money on drinks in one hour on a Friday night than it costs to buy a decent room air conditioner. There has to be more to this story dude.

Well where I used to live the windows opened like a door so you couldn't just put a window unit in there, it had to be installed. So I didn't want to do that. Where I live now I moved there in August and while it has the normal windows, that month you really didn't need A/C (plus it faces into the block where there are trees/shade and such so it doesn't get as hot). We'll see how I do going into June.

Well where I used to live the windows opened like a door so you couldn't just put a window unit in there, it had to be installed. So I didn't want to do that. Where I live now I moved there in August and while it has the normal windows, that month you really didn't need A/C (plus it faces into the block where there are trees/shade and such so it doesn't get as hot). We'll see how I do going into June.

Moderate dewpoints you'd probably be fine, but the real brutal nights are the calm, stagnant 70-75 dew point set-ups. Doesn't matter how shaded you are, it'll be torture, even sleeping bare arsed.

I demoed all of them and it was between the calloway and ping.

You'll need more than a new driver in May when we face off.

You talk so much about golf, I'm convinced you're one of those guys who shoots over a 100 and loses 1-3 balls per hole on average.

I'll call BS on that, at least from my experience. Went to Phoenix one June, it was 110-114F with low humidity - felt like I was walking into an oven, difficult to breathe, absolutely oppressive, and much worse than anything I've experienced in NJ. Even at night when we cooled down to a refreshing 97F at midnight, it was still hot as hell, far from comfortable. I maintain that any temperature over your body temp, about 97-98F+, doesn't make a difference if the humidity is low, it's still unbearable.

Admittedly the Vegas heat I experienced in May one year was exactly what you describe even at night time. Hard to walk, hard to breathe but DC in late July-early August that time for me as I mentioned in earlier replies was the worst I ever experienced.

What's your average I have a 183 and what ball do you use I have a vibe and a reign of fir, a hammer and a storm

My monday night league average 219 wednesday night hot shot doubles was averaging 238 now 227 i got a storm vg nano solid and pearl 2 storm victory roads a storm crossroad storm fast and a brunswick slingshot

Archived