Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking the Euro in the long range.. nice and mild. :sizzle: This winter has been too brutal for me.. It got down to 10 degrees on January 16th.. that was more than I could handle for one winter.

This was one of the easiest winters I have been in. This winter reminded me of a southern CA winter.

I wonder how many of the people who beg for extreme heat and humidity actually spend any time out doors in the summer. Dollars to donuts they stare at the same computer screen during the summer that they do during the winter and never go outside to "enjoy" the heat they so desperately beg for on here. I don't care either way, i can play golf in anything except flooding rain and thunderstorms.

Right. 2002 continued warm and dry for the spring but not overly so. By late summer we got into a much cooler, wetter pattern leading into the great 02-03 winter.

it was Labor Day weekend where it broke--we had 2 noreasters in 3 days. August 02 was brutal--a midmonth stretch of 8 or 9 90 degree days in a row.

I wonder how many of the people who beg for extreme heat and humidity actually spend any time out doors in the summer. Dollars to donuts they stare at the same computer screen during the summer that they do during the winter and never go outside to "enjoy" the heat they so desperately beg for on here. I don't care either way, i can play golf in anything except flooding rain and thunderstorms.

says the man with 13,500 posts....

I prefer my summers hot, with plenty of vivid thunderstorms (not necessarily severe, just lots of heavy rain and CG).

I play my rounds 6am Mondays and Wednesdays, so for me its always fun to get the round in knowing there could be good thunderstorm action later in the day.

I do, and I spent more time outside this winter than I ever have before. I think I'm a Floridian at heart. :sun:

Thank you. I'm not saying it needs to rain and be 72 everyday but I don't see why 98 and humid is better than 84, dewpoints around 60 and a pleasant breeze. Unless you're in an office building all day or sitting by the pool it is pretty nasty.

Thank you. I'm not saying it needs to rain and be 72 everyday but I don't see why 98 and humid is better than 84, dewpoints around 60 and a pleasant breeze. Unless you're in an office building all day or sitting by the pool it is pretty nasty.

there are a lot of guys like AllSnow who work in that heat all day, its terrible for their health and not good for business either I imagine.

I might be in the minority, but i literally spend my entire summer outside. So I hope it's 95 degrees every single day.

I might be in the minority, but i literally spend my entire summer outside. So I hope it's 95 degrees every single day.

Spending it at your pool or at the beach doesnt count for outside bro.

:P

I spend it outdoors also but while fishing. That doesnt count. When its 100 degrees in a city with disgusting humidity, the oceanside areas are gorgeous.

I close my company at 1 PM on Fridays (Memorial Day - Labor Day) and am poolside by 2:30. :sizzle: Stay till the sun goes down and back out noon to sundown Sat and Sun too. Never get tired of it. I don't waste a minute of it. 90-95 ftw.

Spending it at your pool or at the beach doesnt count for outside bro.

:P

I spend it outdoors also but while fishing. That doesnt count. When its 100 degrees in a city with disgusting humidity, the oceanside areas are gorgeous.

Yeah, and when he is at the pool, he has servants fanning him to keep him extra cool.

LOL at all the people who want it 95 degrees so they can enjoy their pool or the beach more. Hell, I am sure if there was a ski resort in mid-town manhattan, lots of people who wish for snow and cold year round.

Yeah but 90-95 in CT is like 111 in the city and like 120 if you are one of the unlucky subway riders.

I close my company at 1 PM on Fridays (Memorial Day - Labor Day) and am poolside by 2:30. :sizzle: Stay till the sun goes down and back out noon to sundown Sat and Sun too. Never get tired of it. I don't waste a minute of it. 90-95 ftw.

I hope it's 95 every day too. I would like to see a lot of severe weather events too. That would make things more exciting. It's not that I find the heat particularly thrilling, but I am more comfortable in it.. especially during night-time.. I would like it to be at least 70-75 for an overnight low.

I prefer my summers hot, with plenty of vivid thunderstorms (not necessarily severe, just lots of heavy rain and CG).

I could deal with that. Personally, if I had to pick between the two, I would rather have temps below normal with lots of t-storms, than above normal with little or no precipitation for days on end.

I hope it's 95 every day too. I would like to see a lot of severe weather events too. That would make things more exciting. It's not that I find the heat particularly thrilling, but I am more comfortable in it.. especially during night-time.. I would like it to be at least 70-75 for an overnight low.

To me there's nothing worse than a very warm and humid overnight, absolutely disgusting, thank god for A/C or I would die. Also I absolutely dread the hot and humid weather because of those blood sucking mosquitoes, most of gotten bit hundreds of times last summer, horrible little buggers.

Re: summer, I invite all of you to spend a summer in Washington, DC. I love the heat, and in NYC it rarely bothers me, but DC summers can push you to the edge. I think at one point last summer they were like at 91/81.

I was there with my family in late July/early August when I was younger. My dad had a conference there for like a week. We did DC, Williamsburg and George Washington's house in Mt. Vernon. It was especially unbearable in the latter two places as none of those sites in those places had A/C. I wanted to kill myself. Walking over the Potomac in DC, I vividly recall wanting to throw myself off whatever bridge I was walking on at the time. Luckily we got a day in for Water Country USA which remains today the best water amusement park I have ever been to.

Archived