Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

I am so stoked for this warm spell coming this week and next week. :thumbsup:

I am so utterly sick of having to deal with 40s and rain this winter whenever it precipitates. I am also so utterly sick of snow threats missing us to the south or cutting inland giving us the 40s and rain.

Please bring on warm temperatures, and make them overperform as well.

I am so sick of this winter.

Thanks.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

Though I moved to this area in 1971....I've been weather watching since only 1982....and back then as now....LGA was always a good 2 degrees warmer than Central Park on clear, calm mornings...no matter the season....given similar conditions...JFK was usually a couple degrees cooler than the Park.

However, in those days, afternoon maximums were more or less the same at LGA and the Park....now the Park is notably cooler.

Guest Pamela

This weather pattern is sooooooooo boring . Zzzzzzzz.

Anthony, why are you so interested in the weather?....You never leave your house or computer.

Anyone else have a ton of nats flying around outside this afternoon? I was astounded to see this, never seen so many bugs in early March. It was comparable to what we normally see in September. Looking forward to temps to the low 20s tonight; hopefully we get a few more hard freezes before the pool is opened on March 15th.

Anyone else have a ton of nats flying around outside this afternoon? I was astounded to see this, never seen so many bugs in early March. It was comparable to what we normally see in September. Looking forward to temps to the low 20s tonight; hopefully we get a few more hard freezes before the pool is opened on March 15th.

Yes!!!! Lol I hate them damn things

Yep, i was shocked how many nats there were...will they all die tonight? I was wondering, are plants heartier in the spring than fall? Seems like weather in the 20s doesnt stop growth in springtime...

The park will get a hard freeze tonight. Perfect cooling conditions with a north wind of 16mph and dewpoints below 0 now (-1F). I'm thinking 22-24F.

Will my daffodils die tonight? They just started blooming, which is super early for here as we usually lag in spring due to the proximity to cold water.

Nah they'll be alright. We had daffodils blooming at the end of last March and that multi-day cold snap didn't kill'em. They are pretty resilient.

IMO, the ECM and the CMC have the best handle on Thursday's temperatures. The GFS is showing its usual cold bias during warm spells, and as earthlight pointed out the NAM is trending warmer. The CMC and ECM have been the most consistent with these warmer temperatures, easily reaching the mid to possibly upper 60s, and with partly sunny skies, a warm air mass and SW winds supporting warm temperatures, as well as considering typical model biases, I'd go with the warmer models for Thursday.

Archived