Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We get a nice 2 day warm up which will make many wish the warmth stayed but it's still March. Gfs says we will still see a handful of subfreezing nights and seasonably chilly days before and after the 2 day warm up, a huge change from just a couple days ago.

Always go with the euro. The euro has had this idea for 2-3 days now.

the cut off low over TX next week needs to be watched for possible wintry stuff next wknd....but at this point, im ready for golfing season.

Gonna be tough. There is a nice 1040 high on the gfs, but with no blocking, it's quickly forced north.

Euro now agrees with the gfs. NO deep east coast trough and the cutoff gets held back. The trough is extremely quick moving and after that, the warm weather flood gates open up.

RIP winter

Long range has been so horrible. We weren't even supposed to get a cold shot after this one. I'll keep tracking until it is spring weather for good.

Long range has been so horrible. We weren't even supposed to get a cold shot after this one. I'll keep tracking until it is spring weather for good.

The gfs hasn't wavered, generally, from a couple fast moving fronts followed by a strengthening ridge across the midwest/east. That bizzare monster cutoff on the euro was unrealistic and complete fantasy

Guest Patrick

So excited for sping. Just as we all get used to 70's and sunshine....watch April deliver two crippling wet, heavy snowstorms....LOL

Yep, that will do it for any winter threats which were an extreme longshot anyway given the year's pattern...let's enjoy the strong March Sun (even 48 and sunny will feel alot warmer) DST Starts next Sunday....

But the low 20s on Tuesday morning as well as subfreezing lows tonight and monday night will not will warmer. I hate the morning cold and until that goes away then spring is still not here.

Yep, that will do it for any winter threats which were an extreme longshot anyway given the year's pattern...let's enjoy the strong March Sun (even 48 and sunny will feel alot warmer) DST Starts next Sunday....

After March, I don't look at the models again until at the end of August unless a big severe threat or a hurricane threat is on the models for the area. Last August was probably the first time that I ever look at the models alot.

But the low 20s on Tuesday morning as well as subfreezing lows tonight and monday night will not will warmer. I hate the morning cold and until that goes away then spring is still not here.

Agree, but with sunshine, those 2 days will warm up fast. By 9-10 am, it will jump.

After March, I don't look at the models again until at the end of August unless a big severe threat or a hurricane threat is on the models for the area. Last August was probably the first time that I ever look at the models alot.

same here, although I will track QPF for certain storms.

I sometimes look at models in summer to make sure there isn't some massive surge of heat coming. Man I hate the heat. And especially humidity.

Perfect summer day: 75-80, partly cloudy, a dewpoint of 20 and a breeze of 10-15mph.

I sometimes look at models in summer to make sure there isn't some massive surge of heat coming. Man I hate the heat. And especially humidity.

Perfect summer day: 75-80, partly cloudy, a dewpoint of 20 and a breeze of 10-15mph.

I hate the heat and humidity. 70s and 80s with low humidity are perfect.

100% agreed.

Move out to rural Nevada. Some of the mountainsides get exactly what you would like almost every day in summer.

Mon/Tues will feature colder highs and lows than we saw all of February, sad to say. Temps near normal for January, 40-42F high and low 20s at night. Next weekend also looks chilly for a couple days with the strong sfc high. Overall though it's a warmer than normal pattern. The "torch" temps should remain in the Mid-west/Plains for the time being.

Archived