Newest Member
    Monty
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

I'm the last one to criticize Upton...but for them to forecast an afternoon temperature of 47 F on Sunday afternoon for the Long Island area with an 850 mb temp of -8 C and overcast skies / possible light precip....I find rather difficult.

Guest Pamela

I'm still keeping an eye on that offshore system for Sunday morning...that might just clip eastern LI with a period of snow...the Upton "chance of showers" nonwithstanding.

One thing interesting was that the 6z runs of the GFS and NAM were pretty similar to the 0z runs. 6z runs are notoriously suppressed...so maybe the slightest of hope there. The 6z GFS ensembles were unique for their remarkable similarity to both the operational and one another....

Guest Pamela

I'm still keeping an eye on that offshore system for Sunday morning...that might just clip eastern LI with a period of snow...the Upton "chance of showers" nonwithstanding.

One thing interesting was that the 6z runs of the GFS and NAM were pretty similar to the 0z runs. 6z runs are notoriously suppressed...so maybe the slightest of hope there. The 6z GFS ensembles were unique for their remarkable similarity to both the operational and one another....

9z SREF similar to 6z NAM and GFS...just barely clipping the area with measurable...

Guest Pamela

12z NAM tries to bring a second batch of precip close between hours 33 and 36...0.06 to Montauk, 0.10 to Block Island, 0.58 to Nantucket

Latest RUC shows the coastal hitting I-95 fwiw

It misses us as well. We're only 24 hours out, the storm isn't tilted in the right way to move right up the coast, it's staying to our south just as the rest of the attempted coastal lows this winter did.

Just when some of us want it to be spring so we can finally forget about this non-winter, even beyond its end, it still has to tease us with southern snows just one last time (at least I hope it's the last time)...

post-1753-0-36985900-1330813812.png

No suprise here that the gfs looks nothing like the euro. The jetstream is lifting north and the sun angle is becoming higher. I expect March to come in above to well above normal when all is said and done.

But the Euro hasn't backed down. I wouldn't go against its consistency.

Archived