Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah there's currently 41 separate tornado warnings already...24-48 hours notice will hopefully mean people were on guard and prepared as much as they can be

Yeah Dr. Forbes is giving torcon values of 10/10 so i expect it to be an epic outbreak even a couple f5's pray for the people effected there will be lives lost.

from AP:

Widespread damage was reported in southern Indiana, where Clark County Sheriff's Department Maj. Chuck Adams said the town of Marysville is "completely gone" and extreme damage was reported in nearby Henryville. Just east of there in Kentucky, an apparent tornado flattened a volunteer fire station. Dozens of houses were also damaged in Alabama and Tennessee two days after storms killed 13 people in the Midwest and South.

Indiana

i realize the tornado stuff is the big thing today, but there is a clear trend on the NAM and GFS for the trough moving into the east coast to be more amplified. It still an extremelong shot but a lot of the energy that will eventually dive into the US has just come into Canada so we are just getting real sampling on this energy. I wouldn't be surprised if eastern LI up to the Cape sees snow out of this and I still see some room to come a little more west with this.

i realize the tornado stuff is the big thing today, but there is a clear trend on the NAM and GFS for the trough moving into the east coast to be more amplified. It still an extremelong shot but a lot of the energy that will eventually dive into the US has just come into Canada so we are just getting real sampling on this energy. I wouldn't be surprised if eastern LI up to the Cape sees snow out of this and I still see some room to come a little more west with this.

thanks for the update trials. you among a few others here i always look forward to hearing input from

18z NAM is even more west with the Sunday storm... the GFS is probably too weak and should end up stronger and a bit more west, but IMO the NAM is likely overdoing the western extent. It even comes close to giving coastal North Carolina moderate wet snow :lol:

It would be rain there.

It would be rain there.

Realistically it would be rain, but the NAM was so cold that it was actually close to giving them snow... surface and 925mb temps were just near freezing on that NAM run, most likely rain but it was just a tiny step away from showing snow over there.

Guest Pamela

I'll always remember that storm (March 2009) as the first "big one" ...it really was the intro to a historical period of winter storms that would follow. I also consider this past Octobers storm the finale of that period.

Notable in those "Great 8"....Long Island did the best with the first (March 2009) and the worst with the last (October 2011).

Archived