• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

That was a trials fantasy storm. It was only supported by the Canadien or something of that sort...a big yawn and obvious it had no chance in this winter of wall to wall FAIL

I wouldn't completely dismiss a storm next week. Chances are low with the fast flow, but definetely not zero.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a trials fantasy storm. It was only supported by the Canadien or something of that sort...a big yawn and obvious it had no chance in this winter of wall to wall FAIL

1) i am clearly on record here as saying it had basically a zero chance, re: my reference the chance of it occuring being like the chance of the mets winning it all this year

2) Nothing could be as big as a fail as your dream team eagles.

Trend all season is for storms to cutoff in the SW. March is the cutoff month, so I would not call it a "pure fantasy".

I'd actually argue there's a better chance for cut-offs to pinch off from the upper flow in a +NAO/AO regime. As we saw this winter, many cut-offs formed in the southern US. However, with the shortening wavelengths and poleward progression of the jet, these cut-offs could develop further north than we've seen in winter (i.e. the Midwest like the Euro depicts). Not saying it will happen, but the cut-off is a legitimate possibility .

Trend all season is for storms to cutoff in the SW. March is the cutoff month, so I would not call it a "pure fantasy".

except that on the 12z euro the trough cutsoff over chicago and stalls out over the ohio valley.

It wont be there on the 00z

1) i am clearly on record here as saying it had basically a zero chance, re: my reference the chance of it occuring being like the chance of the mets winning it all this year

2) Nothing could be as big as a fail as your dream team eagles.

if it's a basically zero chance, then why bring it up at all? Sure a meteor could land on A-ROID tomorrow, but I wouldnt count on it.

if it's a basically zero chance, then why bring it up at all? Sure a meteor could land on A-ROID tomorrow, but I wouldnt count on it.

Maybe you would feel better if I charged you for stuff that doesnt verify, like JB does for you. I bet you already renewed for next year.

Maybe you would feel better if I charged you for stuff that doesnt verify, like JB does for you. I bet you already renewed for next year.

wow, at accuweather he was ok..had some good stuff... but recently he has collapsed worse than the eagles and red sox combined

ouchhhh lol.....i cancelled my subscription a couple years ago when i found this site. this site by far is better than alot of weather sites as far as insight into upcoming weather activities.

Brian is hooked on JB. He has JB towels, place mats, its his screen saver, his background and his ring tone.

One can argue the most exciting weather this month may occur on Saturday.

guess no one cares to talk about the potential thunder we may see here tomorrow night with the warm front just to our south and what appears to be a decent amount of elevated CAPE.

guess no one cares to talk about the potential thunder we may see here tomorrow night with the warm front just to our south and what appears to be a decent amount of elevated CAPE.

potential is only allowed to be discussed if Brian8675309 says it has a decent chance of verifying.

I know your joking, but I actually believe you. We can never have any scientific discussion here without someone stepping in and saying something along the lines of, well its not snow so it doesnt matter or who cares.

potential is only allowed to be discussed if Brian8675309 says it has a decent chance of verifying.

I know your joking, but I actually believe you. We can never have any scientific discussion here without someone stepping in and saying something along the lines of, well its not snow so it doesnt matter or who cares.

Its even worse than only being allowed to talk about snow.....its "why even discuss it, if it wont verify", and "who cares if I get 3", it'll melt in 2 days".

As much as I love snow and would love for another March 1956, I will be the first one to say that I would rather see thunderstorms and heavy rain than crappy rain events like the past two days.

cut offs are what i dread the most its like seattle for like days on end and it just sucks. i would settle for a quick rainstorm over that sh*t anyday lol

Not really. A lot depends on where the low cuts off, how strong it is, how much moisture it has to work with, etc. Cutoffs can bring a long-duration snowstorm if they cut off SE of the area. They can also bring tons of rain if they have a tropical connection, like October 2005.

Not really. A lot depends on where the low cuts off, how strong it is, how much moisture it has to work with, etc. Cutoffs can bring a long-duration snowstorm if they cut off SE of the area. They can also bring tons of rain if they have a tropical connection, like October 2005.

With the exception of the snowicane, they rarely cut off SE of NYC.

So usually we get rain.

I don't think NE NJ is going to make it to 60 degrees on Saturday like Upton shows. The trend has been towards the warm front staying more to the south, with almost all of the storm activity on Saturday morning staying to the south, as well as the latest 0z GFS showing only lower 50s while previous models today had upper 50s to low 60s. Perhaps there may be a brief surge in temperatures on Saturday morning, but I would think that at least 50-55 degrees is more likely than the upper 50s and low 60s. At least there is actually a potential for some thunder with the rain on Friday night to make it more interesting than the recent cold rain...

Archived