• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Worst Snow Storm Snub of the last 10 yrs.

Ger

Worst Snub?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What storm was the worst snub for the D.C./Baltimore area in the last 10 years?

• Dec 26 2010
    • February 23-25 2010
    • Jan 20-22 2005

Mine has to be the December 26, 2010 fiasco. Places all around us within 100 miles had substantial snowfall while I was rather forlornly looking out the window at windswept flurries that night, that is when I wasn't torturing myself in the New York City area subforum.

12/26/10 - not only did we get shafted at the last minute, but watching it snow in every direction but Baltimore was even worse.

I could've cared less that we got screwed out of the 2/2010 "snowicane", after getting 77 inches who cares?

I have no idea what the 2005 one is in this poll.

The poll should be expanded to 11 years so that March 2001 can be included.

Even though I am not from the area, it has to be 2010 for sure. But, it's a little bit ironic that in February, NYC watched BWI get 20-30" of snow, and in December, BWI watched NYC get 20-30".

I measured 24-28" from December 26, 2010 blizzard.

Even though I am not from the area, it has to be 2010 for sure. But, it's a little bit ironic that in February, NYC watched BWI get 20-30" of snow, and in December, BWI watched NYC get 20-30".

I measured 24-28" from December 26, 2010 blizzard.

Actually this payback-snub is not unprecedented. NYC went over to rain and accumulated much less than the 15" BWI recorded in Januaty 2000, only to enjoy the complete BWI shutout/debacle the following December.

I don't know why so many people are saying 12/26/10. If I remember correctly, it wasn't like that storm was ever set in stone for us so the let down should have been easier. It was only on Christmas that people started expecting much snow, and even then it was going to be a close call. But LWX went all in for 6 to 10, which may have caused false hopes. Also, think people around here were spoiled and just expecting because of what happened previous winter. I vaguely remember some storm that isn't on this list. I think it was around New Years. New York got hammered, but we got nothing, even though we had warnings out? Am I remembering correctly? Maybe around 2001 or 2000

I can't bring myself to vote for anything after the ridiculous late January - early February winter of '09 -'10. We were spoiled, especially when one considers the nearly unprecedented December storm. Any other region would have been spoiled too. It's immortal, that's what it is. Nobody will remember the miss in December of 2010 (except Matt, et al), but everyone will remember the winter of '09 - '10.

I don't know why so many people are saying 12/26/10. If I remember correctly, it wasn't like that storm was ever set in stone for us so the let down should have been easier. It was only on Christmas that people started expecting much snow, and even then it was going to be a close call. But LWX went all in for 6 to 10, which may have caused false hopes. Also, think people around here were spoiled and just expecting because of what happened previous winter. I vaguely remember some storm that isn't on this list. I think it was around New Years. New York got hammered, but we got nothing, even though we had warnings out? Am I remembering correctly? Maybe around 2001 or 2000

This one.

Yup. 12/30/2000 comes pretty close.

I can't bring myself to vote for anything after the ridiculous late January - early February winter of '09 -'10. We were spoiled, especially when one considers the nearly unprecedented December storm. Any other region would have been spoiled too. It's immortal, that's what it is. Nobody will remember the miss in December of 2010 (except Matt, et al), but everyone will remember the winter of '09 - '10.

I'd say that would hold more true for 2/25/10 than Dec 2010. It was a new winter, we had no snow on the ground, there was tons of hype and model swings over this storm, and it was all a terrible ending for this region.

2/10/10 for me, and it's not even close. Forecasted to get 10 - 14" of new snow on top of the 26" we got a few days earlier, and instead got to watch DC / Balt enjoy another historic snow while bright sunshine shone here by noon that day. Even though we did get 3" overnight and into the early morning, the bright sunshine and whipping wind destroyed the snow, and by day's end we had even less on the ground than before the storm.

We were never forecasted to get anything significant from Dec 26, 2010, so that doesn't bother me as much. What bothers me about that storm is that a couple days earler it looked more like a clipper event and was originally forecast to give us a few inches on Christmas day. Once the storm morphed into the coastal, and would be delayed until the 26th, I quit caring - the chance at a White Christmas was gone.

Mar 1, 2009 is a big one out this way, but I don't care about March snow; it's gone as soon as the first ray of sun hits it anyway.

Archived