BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
2012 Winter Banter Thread #3

yoda

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a pretty good run, looks very similar to the 06Z gfs to me though the latter would start as rain. Would be a sloppy snow but would be our biggest snow this year if either verified. The models do seem to be converging towards a solution though I wouldn't be surprised by a hiccup or two.

I am starting to feel we are going to see a snowstorm that can completely cover the grass this winter, but would like to see Wes give us his 'feeling giddy' approval.

I am starting to feel we are going to see a snowstorm that can completely cover the grass this winter, but would like to see Wes give us his 'feeling giddy' approval.

looks that way for most or all of us .. I'm gathering my camera gear and charging up. ;)

Wasn't Matt saying last night that the Euro wanted to do it again next weekend?

You have to wonder if we could potentially entering our much hoped for "little winter period".

MJO is into phase 1 and forecast to make it to 2 before fizzling. It's been forecast to fizzle since phase 7 so who really knows.

DTK (i'm pretty sure) made an awesome response to my mjo post a couple days ago about the lag effect. The NAO responds about 15 days after MJO phase 7 and 8-1-2 is generally colder on the EC.

I don't know nearly enough about this stuff to make any type of lr prediction but you gotta wonder what's in store over the next couple of weeks. Euro is pointing towards more storminess already. I'm going to keep a close eye on the nao. If that damn thing goes negative AND we have split flow like we're having now AND we have cold air.......yikes. I shouldn't even be bringing this stuff up.

Where's bb?

I'm going to be in Canaan this weekend, and will be taking my camera. So even though I hope this area gets slaughtered while I'm gone, I hope there's enough left for the valley up there to get some residual stuff. ;)

Careful Midlo is also going and he ski's naked with just his poles.

Archived