BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
2012 Winter Banter Thread #3

yoda

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until Ian makes the rule or says otherwise, my vote is for model talk to go in the model thread...even if it is a model on his naughty list.

generally i think so. tho imo people can post whatever they want here.

Randy and Ian have not answered yet but i am curious to know if we get 30" from now till the end of winter will he at least be allowed back in for a week to crow about it.

if we get 30" of snow then bb might be onto something.. it would be unprecedented just about.

Actually, I think there will be a 6-12 swath somewhere, I just wouldn't put it right over Philly at this time. The more I've looked at things today, the more I like I-81 in VA/WV/MD

Those higher elevation spots look pretty good actually. Agreed. That area near the VA/MD border looked nice.

Until Ian makes the rule or says otherwise, my vote is for model talk to go in the model thread...even if it is a model on his naughty list.

Model discussion should be in the model thread, if it needs to be deleted, you will take care of it with that itchy delete finger of yours ;)

Here is JB's whole conversation from this morning:

"aspects of the weekend storm. The euro ensemble is directly on top of my track and the snow amounts are shown here. Please remember a storm like this is more likely to correct north than south as modeling is notorious for having too much northern branch in addition the water IS VERY WARM OFF THE EAST COAST, another factor that may aid in a shift north, but probably no more than 50 miles. This storm should go NORTH of Cape Hatteras but SOUTH of Norfolk. The storm is near MSY at 18z Sat and near the Mouth of the Chesapeake 18z Sunday. This is a pattern recognition event, with little wiggle room south and a bit more north. I want to emphasize you are not seeing a trend yet, nor is the faulty input yesterday causing the GFS shift south. Why would the euro shift north the way it has if it were. Its simply the modeling trying to get a hold of the players, listed 2 days ago and hone in. The argument for further north is 3 fold 1) most storms come further north on the east coast in Positive nao 2) The models look very strange in the great lakes in front running maxes 3) The southern system should be stronger, and pump the ridge more in front of it In any case l the 3 inch area runs through the big cities of I-95 from va north. with a 6 inch swath in there. I have had this track from the get go and think if I am going to move it, it will be north but not by all that much ( 50-75 miles. Again the euro ENSEMBLES have shifted and come to me, so confidence that I am identifying the right problem at least and the model is starting to see it is high. The 18z position Sunday is the Euro The water is very warm off the east coast! Heavy rains 1-2 inches near the track and severe weather is likely in the warm sector sat and sun"

Model discussion should be in the model thread, if it needs to be deleted, you will take care of it with that itchy delete finger of yours ;)

Maybe Ellinwood can moderate the Banter thread, but I'm not going to unless someone say something very inappropriate (i.e., that breaks the broader board rules). I'd just prefer not to go to the Banter thread for the NAM and the Model thread for the GFS and back and forth.

Wasn't Matt saying last night that the Euro wanted to do it again next weekend?

0z Euro is pretty active storm-wise. Has a big cutter mid next week and then another coastal Day 9-10 plus another storm developing over the Rockies at the same time.

Maybe Ellinwood can moderate the Banter thread, but I'm not going to unless someone say something very inappropriate (i.e., that breaks the broader board rules). I'd just prefer not to go to the Banter thread for the NAM and the Model thread for the GFS and back and forth.

0z Euro is pretty active storm-wise. Has a big cutter mid next week and then another coastal Day 9-10 plus another storm developing over the Rockies at the same time.

model run dissection should be over there but ppl can comment on whatever they want here

Archived