BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
2012 Winter Banter Thread #3

yoda

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 84 hour NAM (SEE 84 hour NAM DISCLAIMER) has a closed, but elongated 850 mb low to the southeast of DCA. This problably suggests some suppression, but overall I think it's a good sign for our area where it's located on the NAM. Keep that 850 MB low just to our south and east and good things should happen.

Seems like every winter every model gets one storm right at some point

the gfs did better a few storms where it went south as nothingess early/first. maybe it's secretely the second best model guidance to the 84 hour nam.

Low confidence prediction:

Models converge on a general track idea by 0z runs tomorrow night......

Then they slowly jog north and west on Friday and Saturday...

by Saturday afternoon models are printing out a general 0.5 - 0.75" for DC metro....

Of rain or snow is the question.

I agree and don't think we'll know but the NAmis not a bad solution. Too phased might give a GFS solution. It's a fine line the models have to tread. The northern shortwave has to get ahead of th esouthern one intially but not be so strong that it shoves the low track south. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Euro shift north tonight.

Wes is trying to get me to stay up late.

good luck getting 10:1 to verify that map. chop in half or so? i think this run supports the rates needed especially if it comes around then or even a little earlier should it be right. would like to see a more energetic 500 passage but it's a good one. maybe snow the consistency of jan 26 last yr... hot and soupy.,

Archived