BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
2012 Winter Banter Thread #3

yoda

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you the PR police on this board? Between this comment and what you said to ravensrule the other day I'm beginning to wonder. You know full well what I meant there. And it was meant to go in banter. Im dazed and confused and the threads all look alike these days.

If you are dazed and confused you should stop posting...

It's not that hard to tell them apart - one says "Banter Thead" and the other does not.

Are you the PR police on this board? Between this comment and what you said to ravensrule the other day I'm beginning to wonder. You know full well what I meant there. And it was meant to go in banter. Im dazed and confused and the threads all look alike these days.

It isn't your job to police the model thread.

:lol:

If you are dazed and confused you should stop posting...

It's not that hard to tell them apart - one says "Banter Thead" and the other does not.

Well said

+1

It isn't your job to police the model thread.

Man...you really have become aggressive this winter. I don't remember you being like this in past years as I have said a few times this winter. Whether or not it is his job it doesn't mean you have to come back with an equally bad post to shoot back. Two wrongs don't make a right.

But seriously..... can we stop addressing the surface temps until inside 72 hours? I'm so tired of hearing about them. For the last storm the 2m temps dropped on modeling by over 5 degrees in the last 60 hours of before the event

I'm not trying to make a situation worse, but if you are going to go on a crusade about people discussing topics that don't matter at this range, perhaps you should look at your past posts. Just saying...let's not throw arguments across the table that can be brought right back to you.

I think everyone just needs to CTFD lol.

It's the same thing I told BB when he was around - if you're not feeling totally "with it" you shouldn't post. Meaning, if you are drunk, morbidly ill or anything of that sort.

I agree with this 99%. I can't go 100% because sometimes I can't resist posting during a meth binge and I don't want to be a hypocrite

I'm not trying to make a situation worse, but if you are going to go on a crusade about people discussing topics that don't matter at this range, perhaps you should look at your past posts. Just saying...let's not throw arguments across the table that can be brought right back to you.

such as mentioning the DGEX clown maps in jest in the banter thread? Or mentioning the ensembles? I don't see what youre referencing

such as mentioning the DGEX clown maps in jest in the banter thread? Or mentioning the ensembles? I don't see what youre referencing

During past events you mentioned things that didn't matter at a given time range from the event and you got visibly angry at people when you were told to stop.

Additionally, during past events you felt the need to respond to posts that didn't really require a response. You certainly appear to be of the train of thought that more posts = better poster.

But seriously..... can we stop addressing the surface temps until inside 72 hours? I'm so tired of hearing about them. For the last storm the 2m temps dropped on modeling by over 5 degrees in the last 60 hours of before the event

imo this is kinda weenie. i know it's a common sentiment but why even discuss precip outside of 72 hours then either?

Let's keep the banter thread on topic please. B!tching at each other is not banter. Someone should start a weenie beatdown thread.

This. The weenie-smasher brigade has gotten way more annoying than the weenies in the past 7-10 days, IMO. Suddenly, unless a weenie posts some sort of preemptive mea culpa about how terrible model X is (NAM, GFS, GEFS, DGEX, UKMET, GGEM, etc...), the weenie-smashers have to spend 3 threads of banter attacking said weenie with ad nauseum repitition until futility is reached.

I'm all for keeping the signal to noise ratio fairly high in the model discussion threads, but since they are MODEL discussion threads, people should be allowed to post MODELs without fear of retribution.

This. The weenie-smasher brigade has gotten way more annoying than the weenies in the past 7-10 days, IMO. Suddenly, unless a weenie posts some sort of preemptive mea culpa about how terrible model X is (NAM, GFS, GEFS, DGEX, UKMET, GGEM, etc...), the weenie-smashers have to spend 3 threads of banter attacking said weenie with ad nauseum repitition until futility is reached.

I'm all for keeping the signal to noise ratio fairly high in the model discussion threads, but since they are MODEL discussion threads, people should be allowed to post MODELs without fear of retribution.

ahem, ive been very good this week... id just like to say.

seems kinda silly considering the strong precedent established for weak, uneventful storms this winter.

He's covering his tracks...if you have a crowd of uber-weenies following you and say the European model is superior but then contradict that statement by saying the event will be a N VA/MD/DE/S NJ special no one will know the difference.

one issue is just that there are posters who refuse to look at any negatives.. it's a constant stream of how things can go right bolstered by references to individual members of the gfs. most of these folks are very easy to identify if you read the board more than 3 times a week. it's fine and dandy but a lot of it is totally useless.

Archived