Harmonie
    Newest Member
    Harmonie
2012 Winter Banter Thread #3

yoda

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark will be posting his snow maps soon.

being cautious is good at this range. any numbers etc are just wild guesses. it's still convenient that the models were "awful" outside of 2-3 days for the whole winter and now they are not. though perhaps it's that the models were not quite as bad as some said--the pattern just sucked.

being cautious is good at this range. any numbers etc are just wild guesses. it's still convenient that the models were "awful" outside of 2-3 days for the whole winter and now they are not. though perhaps it's that the models were not quite as bad as some said--the pattern just sucked.

If the 12Z Euro looks good again i may start to get a bit excited about our chances of getting a moderate snowstorm here.

If it wasn't for the differences like the missing well placed -nao, nino miller A, amplified slower moving pattern, and really solid cold air source you would be doing something that is illegal in many states except WV and KY.

the storm will have clouds and precip.. and a lot of weenies following it. seems pretty close to me

except it's not the WV posters in this forum who are introducing beastiality.

it's really unnecessary to have this kind of stuff on the weather side.

No offense meant here and just poking fun. everone knows people from northern md have more problems than math class anyway. Heck, they call their baseball team a cookie. "Go Oreo's!"

How is the GGEM a bad model? Besides, its a global model and I use it show me the myriad of solutions that are possible.

It sure as hell isn't on my list of good models. It just adds to the confusion.

HPC uses the GGEM as part of the portfolio of models they look at. Why can't it be posted here? It isn't like anyone is posting the DGEX or CRAS in the model thread.

JB and DT use it, too. Just because it's used doesn't imply that it's good.

Archived