BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 11/12 Storm Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like for extreme eastern mass and SE SNE this will be now cast .......to a greater degree than most

i mean we have a few meso models showing .75 or more precip not to far at all from the coast....and 50 mile swing ...is all it takes or less for some areas

Bring it...Wollaston Beach Whopper.

It's going to be pretty interesting watching this develop even though I'm lucky to get an inch here. It seems that the offshore low wins, but if the models ever blow that then all of a sudden SNE gets quite a bit more than forecast.

Interesting time will be Saturday morning as qpf blossoms in southern NY and SNE in response to the sharp northern stream trough/vort and then lets watch it all fall apart and consolidate in southeast Mass and offshore with the "out to sea" low.

Models say its so ....but will be fun to watch radar trends.

I love how no one's talking about Jerry's elephant in the room.. it's 47 here, but that feels like the norm now. Can't imagine what its like on the cape.

Enjoy the snow down there. Almost all snowpacks are gone here.. can't wait til they are.

GFS is putrid for next week.. what's new?

Toasty 38.9/21 here, too.

I also wonder too-with the warm temps and lack of initial cold air-unless it's heavy precip, some are in trouble here. 45-47 here today--reminds me of a certain "heavy snow warning" bust a few January's ago....

This can't be a bust like that, since you'd need heavy snow in your forecast. That ain't happening, though thank God the CT DOT is on top of things.

It's going to be pretty interesting watching this develop even though I'm lucky to get an inch here. It seems that the offshore low wins, but if the models ever blow that then all of a sudden SNE gets quite a bit more than forecast.

Interesting time will be Saturday morning as qpf blossoms in southern NY and SNE in response to the sharp northern stream trough/vort and then lets watch it all fall apart and consolidate in southeast Mass and offshore with the "out to sea" low.

Models say its so ....but will be fun to watch radar trends.

I wonder how much of that "out to sea " low is convective feedback. I know the southern stream disturbance is trying to steal the energy, but I would not be surprised if the SL is further west than progged. It really is a nice setup and it is oh so close to something good

Archived