Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 11/12 Storm Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

yeah it just is what it is.

as progged, there's just not a whole lot of forcing over central and western areas and the air mass is marginal. it's not like 1/21 when we had that frigid air mass that responded nicely to very modest WAA (away from the south coast) and squeezed out some "ok" snows.

it's certainly possible that most are able to pick up a couple/several inches if things fall into place...that said, if i had to wager whether things are going to bust one way or the other, i'd be expecting a bust low vs high for a good chunk of real estate.

My biggest fear at this point is a major screw zone on the west side of the "ccb" that is progged to kind of just miss both of us to the east.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just ran over to 7-11, town trucks plows on and ready to go, putting the brine down on the roadways, love the closing hours leading into a snow event, just getting the first cirrus showing up on the sw horizon.

Just saw state dot trucks in Cromwell street sweeping the roads cleaning up any salt that was left on them,It didnt appear they were the least bit worried about snow

yeah it just is what it is.

as progged, there's just not a whole lot of forcing over central and western areas and the air mass is marginal. it's not like 1/21 when we had that frigid air mass that responded nicely to very modest WAA (away from the south coast) and squeezed out some "ok" snows.

it's certainly possible that most are able to pick up a couple/several inches if things fall into place...that said, if i had to wager whether things are going to bust one way or the other, i'd be expecting a bust low vs high for a good chunk of real estate.

I went 2-3" for BOS with the mention of 4" as a possibility. Worried that the best rates will be just se, but if that backs up or develops a bit more...or if that preceding band sets up nearby, could see 4". I think Bobs area might do well all things considered.

I went 2-3" for BOS with the mention of 4" as a possibility. Worried that the best rates will be just se, but if that backs up or develops a bit more...or if that preceding band sets up nearby, could see 4". I think Bobs area might do well all things considered.

same here.

both the nam and gfs are bonafide snowstorms for SE areas but i have my scooter caution flags to consider.

Honestly,Scooter..not at all. I guess I just see more positives than negatives with this. I don't see it being a miss..or just flurries and light snows..We're only off by a couple inches between our calls. This is going to have some surprises with it,,and I think the models(esp the meso models) are showing that fairly clearly. As usual there are going to be some lucky areas that get under some decent bands(wherever the norlun sets up) and some folks that might get screwed with an inch..

Again just MO and I know that's not worth much on here.

Several days ago, this was progged as a miss, so we probably should be happy for something. Some snow is better than no snow, for sure.

We'll have to watch that band out ahead of the main action, because that might a surprise inch or two before anything starts.

same here.

both the nam and gfs are bonafide snowstorms for SE areas but i have my scooter caution flags to consider.

Rest of the northeast wasn't that big of a deal. Went 1-3" for NY, but they have some questions too. Doubt the 3" happens, especially JFK.

LOL, this was actually the first storm threat since the October storm that I had to deal with, part of the reason I'm picky with this one.

I love how no one's talking about Jerry's elephant in the room.. it's 47 here, but that feels like the norm now. Can't imagine what its like on the cape.

Enjoy the snow down there. Almost all snowpacks are gone here.. can't wait til they are.

GFS is putrid for next week.. what's new?

Myrtle beach and spring starting in 20 days! Viva la torch!!!!! Summer of sizzle!!!!!

I love how no one's talking about Jerry's elephant in the room.. it's 47 here, but that feels like the norm now. Can't imagine what its like on the cape.

Enjoy the snow down there. Almost all snowpacks are gone here.. can't wait til they are.

Myrtle beach and spring starting in 20 days! Viva la torch!!!!! Summer of sizzle!!!!!

it's 47F.

BL temp issues tomm am? wouldn't shock me...esp for SE mass

Time for you to take a beach vacation in Novaya Zemlya, mate....

I've heard that they have surf - first time in living memory............

Archived