• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 11/12 Storm Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

Let's hope the NAM isn't still running 12 hours behind consensus.

Is it me or does the RGEM suck unless you're under the inverted trough? Kind of tough to get a decent snow with a low passing so far outside the BM

Ehh...That would mean the GFS is way behind too. It's a 2-4" snowfall SE of HFD-ORH-LWN. Maybe a weenie 5-6" amount by Bob.

If the EURO is right...just subtract an inch. 1-3" from HFD-ORH-LWN. Weenie 3-4" amount by Bob/you.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion there are going to be surprises and nuances with this tomorrow. there are going to be some areas(not forecasted) that are going to better than predicted. That norlun deal is for real...and is going to set up somewhere..there's also going to be some higher totals right on the westeren edge of the where the greatest forcing is...some things to keep in mind..This may not be the type of deal where you can just issue a widespread 2-4 inch forecast and be correct

In my opinion there are going to be surprises and nuances with this tomorrow. there are going to be some areas(not forecasted) that are going to better than predicted. That norlun deal is for real...and is going to set up somewhere..there's also going to be some higher totals right on the westeren edge of the where the greatest forcing is...some things to keep in mind..This may not be the type of deal where you can just issue a widespread 2-4 inch forecast and be correct

I agree. I think I could get an inch as easily as 4-5.

This is as big as a debbie downer job you've done on this tomorrow as Ryan has ever done.

Hope you're wrong.

I don't mean for everyone, but we all mentioned that 2-3SM light snows probably won't amount to much. That's not a Debbie..that's the truth. I wasn't suggesting that you should expect that, but a rather mundane scenario outside of a narrow area getting advisory snows, is on my mind.

I don't mean for everyone, but we all mentioned that 2-3SM light snows probably won't amount to much. That's not a Debbie..that's the truth. I wasn't suggesting that you should expect that, but a rather mundane scenario outside of a narrow area getting advisory snows, is on my mind.

Well again..I hope your're wrong..but to me it sure looks like at least everyone in SNE sees at the minimum 2 inches and some areas quite a bit more than that. i don't see this as light snow where noone accumulates except under heavier bursts. I'd be pretty shocked if the entire area isn't under a WWA with the 4pm package

Ahead of the low, there will be a light band of precip aided by some 850MB frontogenesis and WAA, ahead of the main show. You can see this on the GFS clearly. If that can get into areas like Kevn in the higher elevations, it might give an extra inch or so.

That's the stuff that gets into CT 1-2:00am. I can see there being an inch OTG for my long 4:45 am run tomorrow morning

actually that's an understatement...at face value it's a plastering.

We're seeing now the dampening of effects of the convection. 12z GFS totally dumped that spurious low.

I guess the good news is this, I still think we may see some movement NW with the low. Models may still be developing it a bit too far out under the convection associated with the southern dual s/ws.

GFS/NAM are good hits, RGEM is okay/good for us, pretty encouraging.

Well again..I hope your're wrong..but to me it sure looks like at least everyone in SNE sees at the minimum 2 inches and some areas quite a bit more than that. i don't see this as light snow where noone accumulates except under heavier bursts. I'd be pretty shocked if the entire area isn't under a WWA with the 4pm package

Neither do I, but it's on my mind for some areas that may get screwed with any voids or mesoscale dryslots. I wouldn't be shocked if that happened, that's all I meant. On the other hand, there will be a few weenie bands that will probably help some areas out, like I alludded to in the previous post. If you're happy with 1-3, than you should be fine.

Otherwise the 12z GFS looked ok.

Neither do I, but it's on my mind for some areas that may get screwed with any voids or mesoscale dryslots. I wouldn't be shocked if that happened, that's all I meant. On the other hand, there will be a few weenie bands that will probably help some areas out, like I alludded to in the previous post. If you're happy with 1-3, than you should be fine.

Otherwise the 12z GFS looked ok.

For my area I am fully expecting 2-5 inches to verify..and will be both disappointed and surprised if that is not met

For my area I am fully expecting 2-5 inches to verify..and will be both disappointed and surprised if that is not met

honestly, i'd be somewhat surprised if there are widespread reports of >3". hopefully SE MA or the Cape can top those numbers (for my own personal satisfaction) but i'm not even too confident in that right now given some of the things that could go wrong.

Archived