BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 11/12 Storm Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could prolong snowfall a bit and provide a better shot for some banding.

Any fail is good fail......enjoy the fail because it's the only fail you've got.

Had to toss that in there as i know its one phrase you like, I don't really care one way or the other, I'm heading north tomorow where there is snow, 1-3" would do nothing to help my cause here.

I think that western edge may play tricks. 25 miles could mean the difference between 2" and 6". It's probably going to be a really good band too. Bob, Scott and maybe even BOS should watch it. As far as the rest goes, there will be a period of frontogenesis from a few different reasons. So it may be something where it's a general light snow shield, but I could envision some moderate bands embedded in there too.

Slightly OT but it's amazing how when Ryan, his station, his boss or other outlets post a facebook status about incoming snow 150 people comment about how bad they hate snow and "ughhhh no make it go away!"

IT'S NEW ENGLAND, MOVE TO FLORIDA...

When I was capturing the image for WCVB off their page last night for posting here I took a peak at the FB comments under the story and Harv was getting ripped. Brutal, looks like they've edited some of it but yikes.

You think you'll end up with more than me like the Saturday event in January a few weeks ago. The 10 miles east of Taunton was the difference between my 4 and your nice sized snowstorm.

It's tough to tell at this point. Right along the water may have some issues with low level warmth for a time so snow accum may be down a bit there. It will really boll down to how hard the precip falls and where the best banding occurs.

On a side not, I'm supposed to be down your area tomorrow night for a b-day party for my daughter. Hoping we don't have to cancel sonce we planned this a couple months in advance and rescheduling would be difficult. 15-20 9 year olds ftl.

Slightly OT but it's amazing how when Ryan, his station, his boss or other outlets post a facebook status about incoming snow 150 people comment about how bad they hate snow and "ughhhh no make it go away!"

IT'S NEW ENGLAND, MOVE TO FLORIDA...

Could be displaced aggression. Its a better outlet than a fistfight with their neighbors.

First week s/w coming off the coast of Texas right now. That's part of the problem. EDIT: Wrong word really...been part of the issue with models trying to resolve everything. That little s/w doesn't help matters as it contributes to creating a lot of convection off Florida's east coast later tonight. Edit Deux...or it could be the weak feature some models have been using to drive some convection that could be feedback...we just don't know.

It's tough to tell at this point. Right along the water may have some issues with low level warmth for a time so snow accum may be down a bit there. It will really boll down to how hard the precip falls and where the best banding occurs.

On a side not, I'm supposed to be down your area tomorrow night for a b-day party for my daughter. Hoping we don't have to cancel sonce we planned this a couple months in advance and rescheduling would be difficult. 15-20 9 year olds ftl.

Better you than Me. A roller rink party seems to be in vogue with my friends with kids that age. 15-20 9 year olds crying cause it was cancelled FTL

The most interesting thing I think is going to be the battle/tug of war between the northern and southern stream.

The NAM was better in that run because the northern stream was stronger and more amped.

Another interesting thing is the amount of RH at 700mb on the models throughout the event. Its not gonna take much to snow throughout all of NE.

Hopefully the NAM was the start of a trend back NW all the way up to the event. I know we say this on everystorm, if any storm were to have surprises in store, it could be this one with all of the moving parts.

The tug of war will be fascinating to watch unfold.

One more thing.. I'm fully expecting a boxing day type snowhole to develop with this one. Best totals in SW CT and SE MA with a hole from C/E CT and C MA

The most interesting thing I think is going to be the battle/tug of war between the northern and southern stream.

The NAM was better in that run because the northern stream was stronger and more amped.

Another interesting thing is the amount of RH at 700mb on the models throughout the event. Its not gonna take much to snow throughout all of NE.

Hopefully the NAM was the start of a trend back NW all the way up to the event. I know we say this on everystorm, if any storm were to have surprises in store, it could be this one with all of the moving parts.

The tug of war will be fascinating to watch unfold.

Pants on fire. If you get snow it will be interesting to watch. If I do and you don't I suspect you'll leave the monitor in disgust.

Archived