BlueSkyGA
Feb 11/12 Storm Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totals for mass ri and ct

4-8

Ivt's, Norluns, robust baroclinic ribbon, higher than normal sst's, excellent RH fields and a very nice UAT swinging through New England will provide on and off snows for nearly 24 hrs. Should be some decent squalls later sat night into sunday morning with the arctic front as well.

Should be a fantastic weekend!

4-8? inches?

You would be a lot happier and would shrug off events like this more easily..

The good news is that I've done well at shrugging everything off this winter. First time I can ever recall doing that..lol.

Anyways, all joking aside, like Bob said..enjoy what you can get. It's all good. Lets hope the other models don't try to flip us off.

The good news is that I've done well at shrugging everything off this winter. First time I can ever recall doing that..lol.

Anyways, all joking aside, like Bob said..enjoy what you can get. It's all good. Lets hope the other models don't try to flip us off.

Yes, You have been reasonable except when a select few try to spin your responses, Expectations have been low here from the get go so if we see nothing thats what was expected leading up to the last few days so it is what it is this year

Yes, You have been reasonable except when a select few try to spin your responses, Expectations have been low here from the get go so if we see nothing thats what was expected leading up to the last few days so it is what it is this year

I mean shrugging off the threats. Every one has looked questionable for the most part.

NRN stream continues to look better on the NAM right now.

Looks like an improvemnet somewhat from 06z

It is hopefully we're seeing the confusion/effects of the feedback/inteference vanishing like we usually do inside of 36. The NAM precip contours are certainlly reasonable and not that off line vs the Euro. If there's been one thing evident this year...the Euro has done pretty well nailing the contour but sometimes has been a smidge light. That said taking a look at the Euro...ugh.

NAMs encouraging, we're inside of 36/42 so it's probably got somewhat of a clue.

Notice what's happening also, we're not losing the southern s/w by any means but we're ending up with everything a bit further north at the surface as the model gets a clue, instead of low centers very very far apart they're closer together like others. Let's all hope this is somewhat valid and we see the other models follow this same vein at 12z.

Archived