BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 11/12 Storm Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really do. And, we use it (not out of neccessity for most of the house) as a primary fuel source. It's also good to fell trees before the sap starts running.

My hope for mby is we have the situation we had way back when where the final 24 hours of models had us go quickly from snow to mix to rain where it becamse a bust even for PF, I think. Otherwise, a bit of mood snow here, but something major (this winter, that means the ground has snow on it) for you in the southern and eastern areas and then up to Maine.

You'll get snow. There should be some snow on the wrn side and along and behind the cold front.

You'll get snow. There should be some snow on the wrn side and along and behind the cold front.

Of that I have no doubt. But like Dave and I have bandied about, turn on the wipers and we're good to go. One up side is that I had almost gone to the car wash (don't faint, Kevin). But, if we can get an inch, perhaps that'll clear off the mud/salt that's accumulated since the October storm.

The weekend storm in 7-8 days is still up in the air. Could be rain or snow. Next week's storm may be OTS too.

I'm not going to lie... the pattern looks ripe for storms but I'm worried about a series of cutters or very close calls even up here, just judging by how the long range models have looked in the 7-14 day period over the last several days worth of runs.

But that's a whole other discussion...

If the OP GFS is suffering from convective issues - I think it is, the GEFS would be even more prone to that error.

Convective feedback ftl on the 0z gfs. Looked very suspicious as the tight circular low didn't fit in the surrounding pressure pattern. Ncep models are so inconsistent.

If this storm goes much further SE in subsequent runs there's a chance it'll be an inland runner via global circumnavigation.

I think it's a good thing you're getting away for a few days this weekend

Your best analysis this winter.

--

As we approach the feedback contamination should be dampened out. The surface lows having poor definition and being seaward on the euro and later ncep and ukmet runs is concerning there's no doubt about that. The possibility that the euro is close to entirely right because the juicier models are having feedback or s/w interference issues is very real. We will know shortly but I'll say if we end up with a diffuse weak low that's hundreds of miles elongated passing well SE of the bm we are going to struggle with thinner clouds and warmer temps, slower accumulation rates and frustration. We will see in an hour or two.

Who is hyping? I have 2-5 inches for most and 3-6 for RI and interior SE mass

Verbatim Harvey had most of us in 2-5". You will ray Kerry Scott bob and me.

You guys should take the battle to the banter thread or get together for a fight club or something. 2 pages of sun angles and hype talk as the most important run of our lives is processing is very very bad juju.

Verbatim Harvey had most of us in 2-5". You will ray Kerry Scott bob and me.

You guys should take the battle to the banter thread or get together for a fight club or something. 2 pages of sun angles and hype talk as the most important run of our lives is processing is very very bad juju.

There has been plenty of that over the last few months

Sun Angle talk in feb??? Wow this winter has sucked.

I don't like the euro being so meh.

Apparently, we moved to Atlanta overnight.

The sun angle means crap right now. If we have very light precip rates on Dec 22 with days preceded by temps near 50, it would be the same issue. The sun angle sure hurt you in the October storm.

Apparently, we moved to Atlanta overnight.

The sun angle means crap right now. If we have very light precip rates on Dec 22 with days preceded by temps near 50, it would be the same issue. The sun angle sure hurt you in the October storm.

Yeah it's always a rather lame argument but in early feb it's just stupid. If it comes down to 3SM -SN not sticking then the storm is a horrible bust and if really has nothing to do with the sun.

Archived