• Last Reply

And oh BTW..Frank from BOX on exactly what I was discussing yesterday

AS FOR SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THEY ARE TRICKY AS USUAL. WHILE MOST OF

THE REGION WILL BE COLD ENOUGH FOR SNOW...PORTIONS OF THE LOWER

ELEVATIONS AND ESPECIALLY THE COASTAL PLAIN MAY BE NEAR OR EVEN A

DEGREE OR SO ABOVE FREEZING. IF THE SNOW IS NOT FALLING MODERATE TO

HEAVY IT MAY HAVE ENOUGH TIME ACCUMULATING ESPECIALLY ON THE

ROADWAYS WITH THE FEBRUARY SUN ANGLE

Got news for ya, if it's snowing so light that it can't stick, it's probabyl sunny for you.

That discussion has really bothered you and for that I apologize

Because it's a defense mechanism for you. You hate when ern areas do well. It's ok, we're still cool. If it's like 2-3Sm light snow, it won't stick to much but the grass, but you'll also be sunny where you are. This storm is close to being really good, but alas..it may not get its act together until it is well northeast of us.

I think you and I will be using a broom for the 1-2" we get

Not even a car brush. 1-2" would still be in windshield wiper territory. And, no sense in clearing a drive with less than 3".

If it's in fact as light as I suspect it might be up here, I might actually scrounge around to build a burn pile. Might as well make use of the time.

Because it's a defense mechanism for you. You hate when ern areas do well. It's ok, we're still cool. If it's like 2-3Sm light snow, it won't stick to much but the grass, but you'll also be sunny where you are. This storm is close to being really good, but alas..it may not get its act together until it is well northeast of us.

I really have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know why that comment has bothered you so much. We're all going to get snow..it's a valid point I brought up and Frank has backed it up. It's nothing more and nothing less. I don't hate when eastern areas do well. I hope everyone gets snow and alot of it. I wish you could be more commital now that we're less than 20 hours from start time

Not even a car brush.   1-2" would still be in windshield wiper territory.  And, no sense in clearing a drive with less than 3".

If it's in fact as light as I suspect it might be up here, I might actually scrounge around to build a burn pile.  Might as well make use of the time.

You love that. Some friends of mine really like to burn and take down trees. Anyway, even an inch or two will look better.Congrats to SE Mass, RI, SE CT

blizz did mention feb sun angle and was roasted

looks 1-3 isn't even baked in the cake for SNE...unless rates are high enough to accumulate

this storm is a f'n joke

sh*t phase ..............sh*t month/year ........sh*t outcome one more time

and oh yeah we got another shot at 12z to throw up a flutie miracle.....not even the wettest weenies are holdin there breath....i see why ray route's for futility

it makes the disgust easier to swallow

I really have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know why that comment has bothered you so much. We're all going to get snow..it's a valid point I brought up and Frank has backed it up. It's nothing more and nothing less. I don't hate when eastern areas do well. I hope everyone gets snow and alot of it. I wish you could be more commital now that we're less than 20 hours from start time

This winter has not been kind to him. A lover scorned...

The things that have me somewhat optimistic is the strength of the nrn stream vort breaking out precip all over the place on Saturday ahead of the low, decent snow growth, and the wrn edge of the comma head possible clipping ern areas. A couple of these may combine to make for a nice event for some. However, if this can't get its act together and looks closer to the euro, it will be mundane for most with a mix or very wet snow going to 2-3" of paste along the coast, and then ending. Like everything this winter, there are questions even 36 hrs out. It just seems like that this may not gets its act together until well northeast of here. Maybe the 12z runs come in more bullish. Lets hope.

looks 1-3 isn't even baked in the cake for SNE...unless rates are high enough to accumulate

this storm is a f'n joke

This might ruin BOS's chances for the all time recordsh*t phase  ..............sh*t month/year ........sh*t outcome    one more time

and oh yeah  we got another shot at 12z to throw up a flutie miracle.....not even the wettest weenies are holdin there breath....i see why ray route's for futility

The Feb sun angle means crap. The only thing that is a concern, is if the rates are blah because the asphalt is a bit warmer now that we have had 50F temps. 1000ft elevations included. That part I could see. But like i said..if it can't stick to the roads, it will probably be a fail for all. It's not like I'll be 36 and you'll be 26. You are close to the edge where you'll have the sun dimly visible, unless this backs west.

this storm is a f'n joke

sh*t phase ..............sh*t month/year ........sh*t outcome one more time

and oh yeah we got another shot at 12z to throw up a flutie miracle.....not even the wettest weenies are holdin there breath....i see why ray route's for futility

Put this stuff in the meltdown thread. It's going to snow... enjoy it.

:weenie:

You love that. Some friends of mine really like to burn and take down trees. Anyway, even an inch or two will look better.Congrats to SE Mass, RI, SE CT

I really do. And, we use it (not out of neccessity for most of the house) as a primary fuel source. It's also good to fell trees before the sap starts running.

The things that have me somewhat optimistic is the strength of the nrn stream vort breaking out precip all over the place on Saturday ahead of the low, decent snow growth, and the wrn edge of the comma head possible clipping ern areas. A couple of these may combine to make for a nice event for some. However, if this can't get its act together and looks closer to the euro, it will be mundane for most with a mix or very wet snow going to 2-3" of paste along the coast, and then ending. Like everything this winter, there are questions even 36 hrs out. It just seems like that this may not gets its act together until well northeast of here. Maybe the 12z runs come in more bullish. Lets hope.

My hope for mby is we have the situation we had way back when where the final 24 hours of models had us go quickly from snow to mix to rain where it becamse a bust even for PF, I think. Otherwise, a bit of mood snow here, but something major (this winter, that means the ground has snow on it) for you in the southern and eastern areas and then up to Maine.

Archived