Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 11/12 Storm Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course. But that's not the scenario.

The probability of having a 100th flip being heads (50%) is much much higher than having an entire new season of 100 heads in a row.

The probability that Ray makes futility this 2011-12 season is much much higher than his making futility next year or any future year.

To be continued over a beer sometime, this has got to be annoying people lol. And Ray's thumb is tired.

Yes now I understand. But probability can't be applied easily in climate while coin flipping it's 50/50.

I'm pretty optimistic for Saturday. GFS through 45 hours looks like it's going to deliver.

Heading wide right to a degree at the last minute. NAM either pulls a coup or is otl. EC/UK/CMC/GFS are agreeing more or less so I think we need to side with the globals for the time being.

Jerry like I said...the 12h 500mb 12z NAM vs the 6h 500mb 18z kind of tells us all we need to know.

The GFS made minor adjustments as well, but not the mult-hundred mile swings the NAM did with that feature in just 6 hours..and towards the consensus.

It's OTL...but could still end up right despite itself if things change.

EDIT: That said I think what we may be seeing on the 18z GFS is some true feedback processes...it's trying to place a more dominant low out under that convection and that's probably only going to be the partial story.

It's not going to.

We have recently entered into a neg NAO global regime.

I'm not entirely convinced just yet. For now that is speculation. If true, of course. In positive NAO regimes there are clusters of closely packed negative NAO years. How do we know that's not happening now? Just throwing this out.

Quite the difference between the NAM and everyone else... this is going to be a good battle down to start time. I'd feel pretty good though if I were from ETaunton up towards BOS area... Messenger, CapeCodwx, etc.

Hopefully it ticks more NW for some of the interior crowd up towards HFD-ORH line.

If Bos gets 6" and we get 1" at UConn I'd probably tear my hair out lol

It would be awful if this thing charged NW in the last 24hrs like most of the systems this winter leaving the Easterner's with mixing issues and crushing GC with heavy snow. But hey, when does that ever happen?

Archived