Newest Member
    Sirianni
February 8 Storm Obs/Discussion

NoVaWx

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can't believe the analysis over .05" qpf differences

dude, it's like the biggest event of the year and stuff. pins and needles man. lol

I think at the end of the day we all know what to expect (well, at least the majority of us). One thing that is very important for setting expectations is remembering how these things have gone in the past. It's not a juicy and energetic vort. Just look at radar right now. There is nothing that can really "jazz it up" as Wes described earlier suspect nam runs. . It's not like it's going to all of a sudden drop .4"+ on us. There just nothing going on dynamically to support anything like that.

The reality is somewhere around .25 best case. Not great surface temps and a limited period of good rates. Put this all together and most of us will be lucky to get more than 1.5" anywhere until you hit the more favored spots with some elevation and cooler temps to start. I think mby best case is 1". Of course I hope I'm wrong but setting realistic expectations is a good way to not get 5 posted or something like that.

Frankly, the 18Z GFS just looks like a little snizzle to me. I think this threat is pretty much toast if you expected more than a cartopper.

I disagree. It looks like a classic elevation based situation. And would be my 2nd biggest of the season after October. If I can manage 3 inches out of this it would also put me at double digits

I disagree. It looks like a classic elevation based situation. And would be my 2nd biggest of the season after October. If I can manage 3 inches out of this it would also put me at double digits

3" is a bit agressive imo but I do think your area will end up with one of the higher totals around these parts. westminster - manchester corridor will prob be the sweet spot.

What is this a trend. Us old guys can't read it. 30000-1 raatios is that what you mean??????? If we get that and the temp drops 3 or 4 degrees lower than forecast and its ku city.

The board software upgrade sucks. It always selects the x(squared) button and makes type small.

So you're calling for a KU now. Cool!

Classic has been downgrades it seems

dude, it's like the biggest event of the year and stuff. pins and needles man. lol

I think at the end of the day we all know what to expect (well, at least the majority of us). One thing that is very important for setting expectations is remembering how these things have gone in the past. It's not a juicy and energetic vort. Just look at radar right now. There is nothing that can really "jazz it up" as Wes described earlier suspect nam runs. . It's not like it's going to all of a sudden drop .4"+ on us. There just nothing going on dynamically to support anything like that.

The reality is somewhere around .25 best case. Not great surface temps and a limited period of good rates. Put this all together and most of us will be lucky to get more than 1.5" anywhere until you hit the more favored spots with some elevation and cooler temps to start. I think mby best case is 1". Of course I hope I'm wrong but setting realistic expectations is a good way to not get 5 posted or something like that.

It's cool but I think down to the .1" level you're running into forgivable error on the models. So, when you're debating .15" v .2" it's sorta difficult to say whether it's worth it.

I like your giddy snowstorm mood. It's gonna be a biggy! If not, you're in trouble...

I'll be happy to see any white on the ground. I think you're right about the debates and worries about .05". for the models the differences are pretty small. I'd worry more about the temp differences though I could see them busting either side of the model forecasts.

I'll be happy to see any white on the ground. I think you're right about the debates and worries about .05". for the models the differences are pretty small. I'd worry more about the temp differences though I could see them busting either side of the model forecasts.

I'm hoping we can get some to stick by sunsetish.. see how much is left to come at that point. GFS MOS is toasty.

I think the only good news about temps is that the models have repeatedly been running warm this season for those few locations that did manage to find themselves under a heavier bursts of snow, like on 1/9 and this past Saturday. It was a pleasant surprise for snow to stick on the road surfaces during daylight hours on 1/9.

Help!! I know this isn't the thread for board questions, but I'll get an answer here faster, then I'll delete it.

All of a sudden, when I open the thread, it's hiding posts from everyone unless I "subscribe" and add them as a friend. Did I somehow screw up my settings or is my computer wacked or what?

I'll delete this as soon as I know what's happening.

Thanks somebody.

When u clicked the menu bar at the top for models u clicked the subscribe option behind it.

Archived