Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
February 8 Storm Obs/Discussion

NoVaWx

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good memory that is where i am, that is not west of you it is slightly east and about 12 miles north of you. When i was driving home from work last night and i drove through Owings Mills there was already accumulating snow on the grass there and that is only about 5 miles north of you.

:huh:

If you're 12 miles north of Pikesville then you'd be around Sparks Glencoe.

Mileage is not my specialty but i work near Pikesville and it is about 12 miles to my house from work so however you want to cut it, sorry i am not mapquest.

I just mapquested it, i am 9 miles from the center of Pikesville according to mapquest.

Just post your full name, home address, dob, and ss#. I'll take care of it from there.

I think you're using driving distance rather than point to point, hence the confusion.

My home is also a 9 mile drive from Pikesville.

I do not even know how to use point to point, directions is one thing i am horrible at. If i did not have a gps in my car i would be lost going to the grocery store.

Just post your full name, home address, dob, and ss#. I'll take care of it from there.

It will all probably be meaningless soon since i am looking seriously at a beautiful home in southern Baltimore County right off of Exit 22 on the Baltimore beltway. It is 2 or 3 miles East of Pikesville and probably gets the same snowfall that they get. I will probably lose about 4" during the average winter if i move there which sucks but it is a gorgeous house in a great neighborhood.

It will all probably be meaningless soon since i am looking seriously at a beautiful home in southern Baltimore County right off of Exit 22 on the Baltimore beltway. It is 2 or 3 miles East of Pikesville and probably gets the same snowfall that they get. I will probably lose about 4" during the average winter if i move there which sucks but it is a gorgeous house in a great neighborhood.

I'll trade seasonal snow averages for a nice neighborhood anyday. I looked all over before we bought our house in rockville. I'm such a damn snow geek that I really wanted to live in upper moco for that reason alone (we are a weird bunch aren't we?).

However, our street is totally safe and quiet with alot of great kids and families. Just like when I grew up, my 7 year olds can run out the door saturday morning, play for hours with the other kids, and I don't even have to stick my head outside or have an inkling of concern for their safety. THAT is worth 8" less snow and a million bucks imo.

I'll trade seasonal snow averages for a nice neighborhood anyday. I looked all over before we bought our house in rockville. I'm such a damn snow geek that I really wanted to live in upper moco for that reason alone (we are a weird bunch aren't we?).

However, our street is totally safe and quiet with alot of great kids and families. Just like when I grew up, my 7 year olds can run out the door saturday morning, play for hours with the other kids, and I don't even have to stick my head outside or have an inkling of concern for their safety. THAT is worth 8" less snow and a million bucks imo.

Totally agreed, i have 5 beautiful kids and they are actually more important than snow to me believe it or not.

Totally agreed, i have 5 beautiful kids and they are actually more important than snow to me believe it or not.

Dayum! You have one more than me and 4 is plently. Yea, those litte pita's are more important than snow to me too.......although I probably would have sold one in exchange for not busting on 12/26/10.

Another headache-inducing storm with poor rates, boundary layer issues and overdone QPF amounts:

20120208_MAsnow_comparison.png

The verification wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I still got the general idea right, but was off in some key areas east of the mountains. The northern extent of 1+ inch accumulation in NJ was a bit surprising, and the OH snow and southern WV/VA snow was a bit lacking compared to my forecast. The southern edge did go down along the mountain ridges a bit more than I expected.

I'm going to give myself another B- for this event. I bit into the hype east of the mountains in VA/MD and put the one inch line further south than I felt comfortable doing, and that backfired. Going conservative is definitely the best option with the snowfall forecasts this winter.

Archived