Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
February 8 Storm Obs/Discussion

NoVaWx

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a lot of snarky posters on here most of whom live in and around DC. So the jealousy is understandable. Baltimore posters for the most part are better probably because Baltimore often does pretty well compared to DC in some situations, except for one poster from Kingsville. :cry:

Then, there is Ji.

I wished I lived in Westminster

Well, not much to report here. Snow from the start, no rain. From 1 til 5 we had good snowfall, large fllakes, pretty. Temps the whole time ranging from 32 to 34 (KOKV). Wouldn't stick to hardly anything. I didn't anticipate the ground warmth would play such a role, but it did. Leaving school, it was really something to see snow in all of the trees about 15 feet off of the ground. Then, when you passed an area totally sheilded from the sun, you had a good layer of snow on the ground. By the time I left the gym, the snow was sticking to the ground, cars. Got home to find about a half inch of snow on all the grass, trees, but nothing even on deck rails. This snow stuck to nothing that absorbed heat from the sun over the past couple of days, and today through the clouds. Everything is now white, so that's a plus, but this one disappointed a llittle. Time of day was bad. Get the same rates starting about 5, and we'd probably had 1.5 or 2.

It's interesting to read some of the totals from other areas. I guess being a tad north and maybe under an inititially heavier snow must have helped accumulations.

Oh well, on to the next disappointment.

I saw a few mangled flakes at the end of the event whent he temp dropped to 35 but that's it. Pretty sad.

i might have missed a snowflake.. but they were not numerous if there were any

I'm glad today sucked. Wouldn't want our record for suckiest winter ever ruined by this little piece of crap, or have October 29th dethrowned as the best event of the season. It still stands that way in Frederick Hagerstown and Westminster.

Today was better than Oct. 29. Sad to say.

Archived