Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
February 8 Storm Obs/Discussion

NoVaWx

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On commute home from DC hit rain/snow mix in McLean and then all snow around Wolftrap exit on Toll Road. Snowing in Herndon with cartop accumulation on cars not moved today. We will be lucky for a trace when all is done as BL killed us out this way once again. The past two storm warm BL and light precipitation prevented any measurable snow.

I doubt we even end up with more than 3" here from this event.

There were even temp issues with accumulation in Garrett County when I was at work today.

There goes the neighborhood

You know its BAD when Garrett County is having boundary layer issues

We're SUNK

Like the Titanic

4:30pm -- temp down to 36.5 with snow beginnoing to mix in more noticeably.

4:55pm -- went to all snow at 4:45pm temp 36.2. Steady --small flakes.

6:00pm -- 34.9 and 0.02" precip for day. Like last weekend, getting best snows right before/at dusk. Grass is tinted white, plus sticking to all the usual areas (desks, cartops...). Steady, but light, snow.

7:00pm -- Temp 34.4 w/steady light snow. At least all is slightly whitened except sidewalk and roads.

You wanna be a smarty pants on the photo, that's fine... but yes, in the second photo there was 1.25" on the stump in the photo... so yes it's just more than an inch okay?!? Geez...

There are a lot of snarky posters on here most of whom live in and around DC. So the jealousy is understandable. Baltimore posters for the most part are better probably because Baltimore often does pretty well compared to DC in some situations, except for one poster from Kingsville. :cry:

Then, there is Ji.

There are a lot of snarky posters on here most of whom live in and around DC. So the jealousy is understandable. Baltimore posters for the most part are better probably because Baltimore often does pretty well compared to DC in some situations, except for one poster from Kingsville. :cry:

Dude, you are in Westminster. I doubt anyone around here is really jealous of that. I certainly am not since I have a home that averages about 4 times as much snow as you...

Thanks. The thing about jonjon's area is they could still get another 78" from here on out. Or 30" and probably still end up BN.

I am not sure where Matt got that number but it is lower than that in Oakland, at least. I am not there to measure every event but they have not had a good winter. Still blows the barn doors off winter around these parts, of course. No ice on the lake has sucked.

There goes the neighborhood

You know its BAD when Garrett County is having boundary layer issues

We're SUNK

Like the Titanic

Winter has stunk in Garrett County so far. They could easily have an epic March (and into April), though. Folks up there are expecting a deep freeze and massive LES barrage to come any day now...

I am not sure where Matt got that number but it is lower than that in Oakland, at least. I am not there to measure every event but they have not had a good winter. Still blows the barn doors off winter around these parts, of course. No ice on the lake has sucked.

That's Davis. You probably average 20-40" less. I'm guessing your house has around 60" for the season.

The 78 inches comes from Canaan Mtn in between Davis and Canaan Valley reported by Dave (Link on Whitegrass's website)

Archived