Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
The feb 4-5 storm (Obs/Discussions)

Ji

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a few days ago this was an all rain event for everyone....the word was keep an eye on the 10th or so....as this got closer the chance of some snow for today crept in...whether this is a big event or not it says to me at least that no punting allowed until the event is underway....sorry for those that didn't changeover yet or late but this was supposed to be an all rain event for everyone and it obviously wasn't. I think Wednesday could surprise as well as next weekend

Snow's starting to accumulate on the cars and grass here... might end up with 0.1-0.25" after this main batch is done.

Elevation seems to be a big factor today. I was just North of Mont. Village about 1.5 hours ago and there was nothing on the ground. When I reached 27 just north of 270 there was a solid coating. Currently there is a little over 1" here in Damascus with moderate snow and large flakes.

Measured 1 and 1/16 inches. O-fficial, too. Steel ruler.

Pretty. But it seems to be happening again. Conditions ripe for snow, no warm layers to worry about, snow on the ground, driveway, etc. and the precip is shutting off. Hopefully this one time, we can get it back. The latest HRRR that I can get does show precip developing about 11 and again about 4 AM. I hope its right.

Elevation seems to be a big factor today. I was just North of Mont. Village about 1.5 hours ago and there was nothing on the ground. When I reached 27 just north of 270 there was a solid coating. Currently there is a little over 1" here in Damascus with moderate snow and large flakes.

Elevation seems to be a big factor today. I was down near Montgomery Village about an hour ago and there was nothing on the ground. By the time I got to 27 just north of 270 there was a solid coating. There is a little over an inch here in Damascus now with moderate snow.

You could say that again...

Snow's starting to accumulate on the cars and grass here... might end up with 0.1-0.25" after this main batch is done.

Big difference a few miles north here in Clarksburg. Snow is now just under an inch and continues to fall as big conglomerated clumps. I'd call it SN bending towards SN+ for at least the last 30 minutes. Too lazy to trudge out an do a visibility observation.

32/32 with a 1mph north breeze.

There are moths circling my porch light dodging large moth sized snow flakes...you don't see that very often.

I opened the french doors in the bedroom to get a good look at the snow a few minutes ago, and had a spider hanging from a small web off of the gutter. You don't see that with big snow flakes coming down behind the spider very often either.

Big difference a few miles north here in Clarksburg. Snow is now just under an inch and continues to fall as big conglomerated clumps. I'd call it SN bending towards SN+ for at least the last 30 minutes. Too lazy to trudge out an do a visibility observation.

32/32 with a 1mph north breeze.

For some reason it took me awhile to change over... just a few miles NE of me had changed over a good 1/2 hour before me under the moderate precip.

There's been some good returns on the radar up that way... wouldn't be surprised to see reports of around an inch.

Archived