Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
The feb 4-5 storm (Obs/Discussions)

Ji

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per the GFS, tomorrow is meh, time to look forward to the disappointment at the end of the upcoming week.

Here's some non-scientific encouragement for the upcoming week: based on Appalachian folklore- if you see a ring around the moon- count the stars within the ring and it will for-tell the number of days until a measurable snowfall- last night I counted between 6 and 8 (I'm old, I can't see so good anymore)- that would suggest sometime between next Thursday and Saturday- My forecast is snow next Saturday- seems we are in a weekend pattern- Hey, this isn't any crazier than Weatherfella's squirrels...just sayin..it can't be any worse than the models

Here's some non-scientific encouragement for the upcoming week: based on Appalachian folklore- if you see a ring around the moon- count the stars within the ring and it will for-tell the number of days until a measurable snowfall- last night I counted between 6 and 8 (I'm old, I can't see so good anymore)- that would suggest sometime between next Thursday and Saturday- My forecast is snow next Saturday- seems we are in a weekend pattern- Hey, this isn't any crazier than Weatherfella's squirrels...just sayin..it can't be any worse than the models

Yeah, I've always heard, and used, the ring around the moon. I had never heard of the star/snow relationship, but I'd always heard that a ring around the moon meant colder weather coming. It's been my experience that that one is pretty reliable. I have no idea why that would be.

DT is nuts.

I trust Ellinwood's map more, I'd love for DT to nail it, but I'm betting both are too high. But, you never know. I really thought I'd get more from the Dec and Jan storms that rolled though. Both had the precip just dry up on me right when they would have done some good. Maybe this one doesn't do that.

Archived