Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Extreme Cold In Europe and Africa

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When California's return after spending so much time in winter weather, they often require intensive therapy. Will you be okay??? Do not try to be brave and suppress your memories, as acknowledging what you experienced is the first step toward a healthy, tropical, recovery.

:lmao:

Thank you for this sensitive and caring post. :D

To put things into perspective, here's a map for the January 28-February 13, 2012 anomalies in Europe:

Europe0128to02132012Anomalies.gif

Wow-- that does put thing in perspective. Thanks for posting this. Not to keep going on about MBY, but I see we had a really pronounced cold anomaly in the Czech Republic (which is the purple color).

P.S. By the way, they need to update these maps, as they incorrectly show Czechoslovakia, which no longer exists. It's now two separate countries-- Czech Republic and Slovakia.

:lmao:

Thank you for this sensitive and caring post. :D

You're quite welcome! I'm an escapee myself, having spent my first 26 years of life in Simi Valley and then San Diego. I'm the oddball in my family and must have inherited a lot of warm blood from my MN side of life, while my siblings are more of the reptilian persuasion, in desperate need of basking sunlight in order to maintain body temperature, and thus mobility.

P.S. By the way, they need to update these maps, as they incorrectly show Czechoslovakia, which no longer exists. It's now to separate countries-- Czech Republic and Slovakia.

FYI, I passed this information along. Apparently, there's a software bug that is leading to the display of the obsolete boundaries. Maps with the current boundaries exist, but the software is not utilizing them. The issue is now being looked into.

An incredible cold wave to say the least! I understand things have relaxed a great deal, particularly across western Europe where it is warm and dry now...but eastern Europe is still hanging on to some cold and snow chances over the next week. Then the thaw should begin there too.

http://weatherworksinc.com/blog/europe-and-asia-buried-in-snow

Archived