• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
First half of February...another pattern shift?

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe in global warming and that humans have played a significant role and I have no problem saying so on air in a certain context. If we're doing a story on global warming or climate or whatever that's fine.

I don't think I need to talk about it in regular weather casts because, let's be honest, people just want to know what they need to wear tomorrow.

Anyway I do agree with what Will mentioned earlier about a possible 2/10-2/12 threat. We'll see but I like that window.

That window has gone from wide open letting the snow pile up on the inside of the windowsill to cracked open 2 mm with a limp weenie holding it open

You def. have a global warming fetish....I made a comment in gest the other day and you pounced. I knew I had struck a nerve lol

Yes I do. Several relatives of mine tend to lean to the right and are avid Fox News supporters. I just get a little perturbed when I catch them repeating lines from Bill O or any other Fox News personality about climate gate and how it's just the 'hottest hoax' around. Too much politicization of the Earth's climate. Some at MSNBC may be guilty of hyping GW, but many respected mets believe it to exist. I hate when it ends up a red/blue issue. Pisses me off more than anything.

Okay...I'M DONE talking about that. You guys now know my position, no need to repeat it.

Nice..finally making the plunge and becoming a homeowner FTW.

Time to watch Uconn get crushed by Gtown :axe:

West Hartford taxes and climate FTL.

Been looking for a couple months... finally starting to make an effort. Hopefully the Huskies make an effort tonight... Sunday's game at the XL was a disaster.

West Hartford taxes and climate FTL.

Been looking for a couple months... finally starting to make an effort. Hopefully the Huskies make an effort tonight... Sunday's game at the XL was a disaster.

Im biased but Harwinton would be a great choice....decent snow...most of the town above 800'...great schools...proximity to torrington. Probably a 30 minute ride for you to work. My moms a real estate agent...you know how to get a hold of me haha

It's just amazing how all these good pattern changes have morphed into nothing. With all modelling and ens losing the snow possibility Feb 10-12 today it's just hard to believe.it's happened again. With March lost I was just hoping we would have a fun 2-3 week period this month..but even that has now been taken away from us.

If the Euro en are correct we're all back in the 60's in 2 weeks in what was supposed to be a snowy period

it snows where it wants to snow

Since we are correcting grammer here. The correct phrase is "I couldn't care less" and not "I could care less". So many posters use the incorrect version here that I just had to point it out. Not trying to be "cheeky"

On to weather. Rain here in Halifax and 2c. Yuck. If you're looking for winter try Moncton NB. The city recieved 25-30cms in about 6 hours. Vis was about 1/8 mile during that time frame. 2-3in/hr were observed. Only 250kms away from me. Ouch. Winter has not been kind here either. Third stinker in a row.

We are certainly not alone, and our friends in central and nne look to continue to do well compared to the rest of the country, pretty horrific across the conus save parts of new england, it could be worse.

LOL where do they come up with these maps?

where it says 17 inches where i am currently, there is actually 0.

No West Hartford... maybe Farmington.

I like living where there's a lot of stuff to do... otherwise I'd think about North Canton or New Hartford or Burlington.

Haha just what my sister said went she moved to WH, anyway come join the neighborhood, the azz clown "weather man" from a certain channel has been here for a while.

Haha just what my sister said went she moved to WH, anyway come join the neighborhood, the azz clown "weather man" from a certain channel has been here for a while.

I would love to be in a better spot than Kevin for snow. More so to piss him off than for my own benefit.

Interesting... Northern Russia initialized surface PP at 12z at over 1060mb !   Giant high pressure, and I mean covering all of northern Eurasia.  The entire region is getting easterly flow from Moscow to France and Spain - I haven't seen that in recent times.

Guess we know where the blocking from this -AO wound up; if it's going to do that than we'll get nothing: AO chose the wrong side of the pole to convey

Archived