• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
First half of February...another pattern shift?

ORH_wxman

The October storm was epic for the interior. I know it was in October, but c'mon...that was a 1 in 200 maybe 300 yr event. Don't look past that.

Yeah that's the thing. It was for me what 4/1/97 was for you. Even if there was no snow up until 4/1/97 you wouldn't look back and say that winter sucked.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

idk what your averages are. but BWI averages 10.3" NOV-JAN and we have 1.3" which all "fell" in JAN

that puts us at 12.62% of average

you folks worse than that?

I should have about 35" right now and I have 15".

If you are going to crunch the numbers, it's easy for DC to have larger anaomalies because their mean snowfall is so low....thus their variance is as well.

I'm probably never going to rival the 300% of avg you saw in 2010, either....as zwyts has so considerately and eloquently reminded me on numerous occasions.

I've had snow OTG (snowpack - highest about 4" after 1/21) for only 3-4 days this entire winter.

OCT storm - 1 day

1/21 storm - 2.5 days (100 percent melted by Tuesday)

That's it. It's snowing more in Florence, Italy this season. Figures. Don't see a flake over there last spring semester, but this year they're cashing in, while we have a more Mediterranean climate.

8 inches of champagne here couple weeks ago, its only Feb 1, it will snow, and in this winter probably sneak up on us especially with some much model chaos. But, if it does not, that weekend in Jan saved the winter for me and offered tons of great memories sledding, firepitting and walking amonst the dendrites.

The worst, is hearing about "climate change" when the national news talks about this. Wait until nrn Africa gets snow..lol.

I get confused when I hear true mets bash global warming. Is the world warming? Many scientists agree that it is, but just disagree over how much of an impact us humans have on the warming.

But I agree with your argument. One anomalous day of 72F in early FEB doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things, just like snow in April shouldn't give global warming opponents fodder to deny any warming.

But that's wayyyyyy OT - more on topic, maybe the peepers (frogs) will be out early this year since it's so warm and nothing is frozen over.

I should have about 35" right now and I have 15".

If you are going to crunch the numbers, it's easy for DC to have larger anaomalies because their mean snowfall is so low....thus their variance is as well.

I'm probably never going to rival the 300% of avg you saw in 2010, either....as zwyts has so considerately and eloquently reminded me on numerous occasions.

probably not, but you'll beat those raw numbers often enough for me to wish I lived there and not here wrt to snow

I get confused when I hear true mets bash global warming. Is the world warming? Many scientists agree that it is, but just disagree over how much of an impact us humans have on the warming.

But I agree with your argument. One anomalous day of 72F in early FEB doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things, just like snow in April shouldn't give global warming opponents fodder to deny any warming.

But that's wayyyyyy OT - more on topic, maybe the peepers (frogs) will be out early this year since it's so warm and nothing is frozen over.

It's how they use language to make it sound "certain" that we caused it. I'm not going to debate, but it bothers me. I'm not a warmer skeptic, but some things have gotten out of control.

We are all in this together. From GA weenies to middle ME, to upstate NY through the midwest, NYC/PHL/DC/BWI/RIC/CLT/ATL/ORD/SLT/DTW/MCI/DEN.

Widespread dead ratter...millions and millions of weenies deflated.

The only one standing at attention is our friend Vim Toot! The tooter has a half decent winter...and even by their standards it's sub par. Unfreaking real.

Increased sleep ftw.

8" more of snow for vim toot! today

You def. have a global warming fetish....I made a comment in gest the other day and you pounced. I knew I had struck a nerve lol

I believe in global warming and that humans have played a significant role and I have no problem saying so on air in a certain context. If we're doing a story on global warming or climate or whatever that's fine.

I don't think I need to talk about it in regular weather casts because, let's be honest, people just want to know what they need to wear tomorrow.

Anyway I do agree with what Will mentioned earlier about a possible 2/10-2/12 threat. We'll see but I like that window.

Archived