• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
First half of February...another pattern shift?

ORH_wxman

I don't agree with that totally. NNE has done ok..Sure they are below normal in snowfall..but at least they've had numerous nickel and dime events. That's what we have really missed is those 1-3 or 2-5 inchers. At least they've had those and a pretty extended period of snowpack. Dendrite has had a decent snowfall winter on up to Ekster..Not great..but not terrible like SNE. Powederfreak has been posting pictures of 20-40 inches of snow..so while below normal..at least it's winter.

We've had nothing. I had a longer streak of snowpack OTG in October /early Nov than I have at any point this winter.

It is the worst met winter ever for us. Worse than any in the 80's and I am old enough to remember those hideous yrs

As bad as it has been there, you have me by a full 10".

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't agree with that totally. NNE has done ok..Sure they are below normal in snowfall..but at least they've had numerous nickel and dime events. That's what we have really missed is those 1-3 or 2-5 inchers. At least they've had those and a pretty extended period of snowpack. Dendrite has had a decent snowfall winter on up to Ekster..Not great..but not terrible like SNE. Powederfreak has been posting pictures of 20-40 inches of snow..so while below normal..at least it's winter.

We've had nothing. I had a longer streak of snowpack OTG in October /early Nov than I have at any point this winter.

It is the worst met winter ever for us. Worse than any in the 80's and I am old enough to remember those hideous yrs

BDL is only 2.6" below avg for the season.

I'd take this winter over several others to this point...most recently '06-'07. I had 5.0" of snow at this point 5 years ago. '94-'95 and '88-'89 were horrendous.

I'd take this winter over several others to this point...most recently '06-'07. I had 5.0" of snow at this point 5 years ago. '94-'95 and '88-'89 were horrendous.

But you ended that winter with near 50 IIRC..We have nothing remotely interesting to look forward or think we'll have more chances. There is nothing even slightly on the table as far as snow potential

I was about to respond to his post saying 88-89 and 94-95 had to be worse, at least up til 2/1 in regards to snow, both were better after that somewhat.

This winter had better do something soon, or else 06' will vault past it soon...at least in my area.

Probably not in the areas that got blitzed in October.

Key word"WINTER"

If I lived where Scooter or Cweat live I'd be really depressed about this winter.

After the most memorable KU of my life in October I really can't complain about anything this winter. It's been boring but we've had worse. And all of this is just a few months after an epic blockbuster in October.

If I lived where Scooter or Cweat live I'd be really depressed about this winter.

After the most memorable KU of my life in October I really can't complain about anything this winter. It's been boring but we've had worse. And all of this is just a few months after an epic blockbuster in October.

More scooter than Cweat....the latter just got a great event.

Yeah but Messenger had a major snow event. My biggest is 3.9" right now..lol.

The October bomb was awesome for alot of us. It is hands down one my all time favorite winter storms..I understand why and how it counts as part of the winter snowfall..but from Dec-Feb which is what met winter is defined as it's most likely going to go down as one of the worst..if not # 1.

One early season October snowblitz just doesn't cut it for me

Yeah but Messenger had a major snow event. My biggest is 3.9" right now..lol.

Definitely you then. I forgot about that one.

Yeah some places in SNE down along the S coast had a foot in January. So we've definitely seen much worse in terms of winters than this one. The weenies (particularly Kevin) seem to forget about some of the horrific winters we've had in the past.

The October bomb was awesome for alot of us. It is hands down one my all time favorite winter storms..I understand why and how it counts as part of the winter snowfall..but from Dec-Feb which is what met winter is defined as it's most likely going to go down as one of the worst..if not # 1.

One early season October snowblitz just doesn't cut it for me

Totally disagree.

Even if it was #1 worst it's coming after an epic KU on 10/30... so it's not really all that bad.

Definitely you then. I forgot about that one.

Yeah some places in SNE down along the S coast had a foot in January. So we've definitely seen much worse in terms of winters than this one. The weenies (particularly Kevin) seem to forget about some of the horrific winters we've had in the past.

I joked around in the last year about paying, for cashing in on storms that crossed the Cape last winter..lol. It's funny that se mass sometimes gets the biggest storms in crap winters. Not always, but it happens.

Our area has taken the worst of it, though.

No one along the east coast can't compete with the negative anomaly with regard to snowfall from ne MA through Boston.

idk what your averages are. but BWI averages 10.3" NOV-JAN and we have 1.3" which all "fell" in JAN

that puts us at 12.62% of average

you folks worse than that?

Archived