• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
First half of February...another pattern shift?

ORH_wxman

god I so hope they are wrong, if they are right its game over for real.Epic fail from last week when we thought a good 7-18 day run was going to take place, what is worse is even when the pattern is nice its so dry those with snow left have massive sublimation.

I doubt they will be wrong. Same old story, and why I posted the yellow flags a few days ago. Perhaps they try to be a little less dramatic with the -PNA, but the idea will likely be there. It just had that vibe again. What happens after is a little up in the air. I could see see the EPO trying to drop again, but I'm sure nobody wants to hear that, or care. Not that I blame them.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt they will be wrong. Same old story, and why I posted the yellow flags a few days ago. Perhaps they try to be a little less dramatic with the -PNA, but the idea will likely be there. It just had that vibe again. What happens after is a little up in the air. I could see see the EPO trying to drop again, but I'm sure nobody wants to hear that, or care. Not that I blame them.

March when we least expect it somehow will slam us. We all care but geezus this fell apart faster than the Red Sox.

I don't think it's up in the air. It greatly favors a return to non-seasonable air.

Boston - January +5.2

Hartford +5.5

Providence +4.9

Worecester +5.1

I remember a week or 10 days ago when it looked like this week would be colder and many thought those numbers would be 3-4.

Surprisingly snow totals weren't terrible...particularly up in Worcester.

I don't think it's up in the air. It greatly favors a return to non-seasonable air.

Boston - January +5.2

Hartford +5.5

Providence +4.9

Worecester +5.1

I remember a week or 10 days ago when it looked like this week would be colder and many thought those numbers would be 3-4.

Surprisingly snow totals weren't terrible...particularly up in Worcester.

Probably right. You know the euro will nail it.

I'm not suicidal or melting down or anything. I'm facing reality..You should too dude. Give it up.

I noticed you have to some degree because you aren't posting much anymore..That's always a telltale sign

I haven't given up on getting a good system around the 11-12th...I'm not happy to see the Euro ensembles still suggesting a period of -PNA, but if it happens, so be it...hopefully we get more chances after that with ridging in AK building back up.

I think so many are focusing on the possible breakdown of the pattern that its like we aren't even looking at the medium range possibility....but I digress.

I haven't given up on getting a good system around the 11-12th...I'm not happy to see the Euro ensembles still suggesting a period of -PNA, but if it happens, so be it...hopefully we get more chances after that with ridging in AK building back up.

I think so many are focusing on the possible breakdown of the pattern that its like we aren't even looking at the medium range possibility....but I digress.

It's just amazing how all these good pattern changes have morphed into nothing. With all modelling and ens losing the snow possibility Feb 10-12 today it's just hard to believe.it's happened again. With March lost I was just hoping we would have a fun 2-3 week period this month..but even that has now been taken away from us.

If the Euro en are correct we're all back in the 60's in 2 weeks in what was supposed to be a snowy period

It's just amazing how all these good pattern changes have morphed into nothing. With all modelling and ens losing the snow possibility Feb 10-12 today it's just hard to believe.it's happened again. With March lost I was just hoping we would have a fun 2-3 week period this month..but even that has now been taken away from us.

If the Euro en are correct we're all back in the 60's in 2 weeks in what was supposed to be a snowy period

You'll respond with "I'm back" if we have a threat that appears in a 5 day window..lol.

Two things to watch. The 10-12th date that we commented on, and to see if any ridging tries to redevelop again. I know the long range sucks, but it's Feb and climo like to eek out events, even in a crap pattern. Look at the 12" the south coast got amid a sh*t pattern.

Who cares about what ensembles say about something two weeks from now.... We still have a shot early next week and a signal for something late in the week.

I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if we torch again after that..maybe a pattern reload. But not gonna trouble myself over something so far out in the future.

Maybe we get lucky and get one good 10+ storm...but looking at the numbers for Jan, Will is barely below his norm, and I'm probably at or above as is a lot of the southern coastal areas. Let's see what shakes.

Jan 2006 still takes the cake for ORH...it was +8.8F (compared to +5.1 in 2012) with 24.1" of snow for the month.

We are all in this together. From GA weenies to middle ME, to upstate NY through the midwest, NYC/PHL/DC/BWI/RIC/CLT/ATL/ORD/SLT/DTW/MCI/DEN.

Widespread dead ratter...millions and millions of weenies deflated.

The only one standing at attention is our friend Vim Toot! The tooter has a half decent winter...and even by their standards it's sub par. Unfreaking real.

Increased sleep ftw.

We are all in this together. From GA weenies to middle ME, to upstate NY through the midwest, NYC/PHL/DC/BWI/RIC/CLT/ATL/ORD/SLT/DTW/MCI/DEN.

The only one standing at attention is our friend Vim Toot! The tooter has a half decent winter...and even by their standards it's sub par. Unfreaking real.

Increased sleep ftw.

Our area has taken the worst of it, though.

No one along the east coast can't compete with the negative anomaly with regard to snowfall from ne MA through Boston.

Increased sleep ftw.

I don't agree with that totally. NNE has done ok..Sure they are below normal in snowfall..but at least they've had numerous nickel and dime events. That's what we have really missed is those 1-3 or 2-5 inchers. At least they've had those and a pretty extended period of snowpack. Dendrite has had a decent snowfall winter on up to Ekster..Not great..but not terrible like SNE. Powederfreak has been posting pictures of 20-40 inches of snow..so while below normal..at least it's winter.

We've had nothing. I had a longer streak of snowpack OTG in October /early Nov than I have at any point this winter.

It is the worst met winter ever for us. Worse than any in the 80's and I am old enough to remember those hideous yrs

Archived