DAY ACROSS THE SOUTHERN POCONOS.

THE NEXT SYSTEM WILL BRING MORE CLOUDS AND PRECIPITATION TO THE

AREA SATURDAY INTO SATURDAY NIGHT. IT APPEARS THAT THE NORTHERN

AREAS WILL BE COLD ENOUGH FOR (MOSTLY) SNOW AND MAYBE SOME SLEET

WITH THE LOW. SOME ACCUMULATIONS WILL OCCUR...MAYBE SEVERAL

INCHES...AND WWA FLAGS MAY BE NEEDED IN UPCOMING FCSTS. THE LOW

WILL BRING SOME SNOW TO CENTRAL AREAS OF NJ AND METRO

PHILADELPHIA TOO...BUT TEMPERATURES MAY WARM ENOUGH TO CAUSE A

CHANGE OVER TO RAIN DURING THE DAY...REDUCING THE ACCUMULATIONS.

MOSTLY RAIN IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE DELMARVA. THE SYSTEM MOVES TO

THE EAST SAT NIGHT AND PRECIPITATION SHOULD END BY SUN MORNING.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nyc should deff get a couple inches of snow out of this. Latitude helps with this storm. Though, watch out for the warm air intrusion below 850, you know the mid level warmth works in faster than what is progged. Good thing for you guys is that this is still 2 days away and can trend colder, or it cold trend warmer. Though a snowless jan for nyc looks gone as of now.

I hope it works out. A lot of times people say that the mid-level warmth is underestimated by the models, but I'm thinking this is more of a Feb 22, 2008 thump scenario, where it is a 95% solid shot of snow thanks to the lift dynamically cooling the column and offsetting the warm air advection to a large extent. Then as the lift dies down and the precip gets lighter, it finally changes over at the tail end to inconsequential sleet/rain and drizzle.

Whew.. So close.. 850's straddle the mason dixon line 48-51 hrs..2m surfac temps bout the same, although cad to our western areas look a little stronger. Soo close for immediate Philly on this run.

Tombo's weenie driven move north might pay off for him :-)

For those who stayed all snow, what do max. totals look like.... 4 inches or so??? Maybe 5 in highest elevations?

I'd say 4" max.. Qpf on the GFS was on the .25-.35" range bc of the colder solution. You get better ratios further inland. With a warmer solution, the qpf Increases due to better advection, but the ratios also fall due to mid level warmth..

I'd say 4" max.. Qpf on the GFS was on the .25-.35" range bc of the colder solution. You get better ratios further inland. With a warmer solution, the qpf Increases due to better advection, but the ratios also fall due to mid level warmth..

Yeah, sounds about right.

GFS at 12z on Saturday: SkewT right on the fence in the Delaware Valley region.

Yeah, sounds about right.

GFS at 12z on Saturday: SkewT right on the fence in the Delaware Valley region.

Good news is the ukie is coming a good bit colder for immediate Philly, which means colder up by your neck of the woods. The 850 line goes from dc to del bay.

Tricky forecast for immediate Philly, but N&W looks better and better each run

Good news is the ukie is coming a good bit colder for immediate Philly, which means colder up by your neck of the woods. The 850 line goes from dc to del bay.

Tricky forecast for immediate Philly, but N&W looks better and better each run

Yup, as usual.....appears the battle ground is south of I-78 and northwest of I-95 in PA.

Whew.. So close.. 850's straddle the mason dixon line 48-51 hrs..2m surfac temps bout the same, although cad to our western areas look a little stronger. Soo close for immediate Philly on this run.

Tombo's weenie driven move north might pay off for him :-)

im back in dhizzle, gf and i parted ways lol to sum it uo i got sanduskied by her lol

Yup, as usual.....appears the battle ground is south of I-78 and northwest of I-95 in PA.

12z gfs threads the needle with 540 line around philly.

definitely best chance since oct.29th, at this point.

the ens mean is even colder... would imply majority snow from m/d line north with some change over at the end, but the best looks to be snow.

yeah the nam is finally on board with this...most of what falls by hour 54 when the 850 0c line is just north of nyc has already fallen as snow. .. Definitely getting confident in A 3-6" event area-wide with this... but lets wait and see what the next 2 day's models bring

EDIT: This was a NYC metro area-centric post...I forgot I was in the Philly thread. it still is a decent run for you guys but probably rain and sleet to deal with still.

As always for us in Monmouth County it will be a close call. Could go either way for us. 1-3 then slop or 3-5 of pure heaven. We shall see. Being in NW Monmouth County should help us I would think.

im back in dhizzle, gf and i parted ways lol to sum it uo i got sanduskied by her lol

That's a bummer bro. I wasn't sure if you moved up there for work or whatnot. Haha and that's a great way of looking at it. I expect a full euro PBP in a few!

Archived