Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 16/17 light icing and mix

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will, what are you expecting with the second band?

I'll be a bit more concerned about low level temps by the time it gets here, but its looking pretty impressive out in C NY...we might be able to pick up another 1-2"...hard to say for sure. Models have handled this event pretty poorly from a QPF standpoint.

I'll be a bit more concerned about low level temps by the time it gets here, but its looking pretty impressive out in C NY...we might be able to pick up another 1-2"...hard to say for sure. Models have handled this event pretty poorly from a QPF standpoint.

Some of the meso models showed the 2 part system, but the boundary layer may be a little more questionable..especially here.

If most areas can stay at least 34F they should be snow...WAA seems be halted...at least for now. Groton is rain at 36F...hopefully that sfc warmth is slow to work in. I'm at 33F here so it's close.

Steady 23F here. Some of the Wunderground sites S of here have lost a degree or two so round 2 should bring some accumulation before (if/when) we go to PL or FRZA.

Nice event relative to this winter. Enjoy!

I'm off to bed and actually looking forward to the 5am diaper call (the baby not me) so I can also check the snow. lol

Archived