Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 16/17 light icing and mix

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok good news for you weenies down east... As the intensity increased here we lost the snow grains and now a nice moderate snow with small, but nice flakeage. 22.5.

It's mostly snow when it's heavier bursts and then more grains when it lightens a bit..I would guess as the heavier stuff gets steadier we should all go to all snow

Looking at rad trends... Snow will burst forth in NYC actually with this first batch. It's broken on rad, almost has a granular/convective look to it. Very interesting, There is a 2ndary trailing region of cooling cloud tops and stead action now in western PA that should be here just prior to dawn - not sure what will have process thermally beneath by then but it looks to be snowing in showery burst for most folks during the overnight here.

I am noticing that the DPs are spiking unfairly fast here so am less opposed to the idea of mixing out this air mass. It's just tough to hold cold in place when the sfc vectors are bodily veered toward the SW. Kinda of a race here...

Looking at rad trends... Snow will burst forth in NYC actually with this first batch. It's broken on rad, almost has a granular/convective look to it. Very interesting, There is a 2ndary trailing region of cooling cloud tops and stead action now in western PA that should be here just prior to dawn - not sure what will have process thermally beneath by then but it looks to be snowing in showery burst for most folks during the overnight here.

I am noticing that the DPs are spiking unfairly fast here so am less opposed to the idea of mixing out this air mass. It's just tough to hold cold in place when the sfc vectors are bodily veered toward the SW. Kinda of a race here...

So minus all the mumbo jumbo... It's a race before we warm... lol

Archived